Fatal accident right outside my school.

The bus incident took place not far from Westlake Girls High School [my school] in Milford on the North Shore about 8.20am.

Police Inspector Kerry Watson said the pedestrian died at the scene.

Westlake Girls has acted as a base for members of the public who witnessed the accident, about 8am, on Wairau Rd.

Principal Alison Gernhoefer said the bus involved in the accident was a public bus and passengers were welcomed into the school to speak to police and victim support.

"Some students who actually saw what went on and members of the public who saw what happened are giving statements to the police," Mrs Gernhoefer said.

She said the school had no idea whether the woman who died was related to the school.

The victim is a 45 year old woman, and her name has not been released as her next of kin have yet to be informed.

Police were interviewing a number of witnesses, including bus passengers. The Police Serious Crash Investigations team is also at the scene.

The whole road was closed. Ambulance, Police, everyone was there.
So many rumors were going around. At first people were saying it was an old asian man. but then it was a 45 year old woman. And apparently she was hit by a car and then a bus ran over her head..

Blood was everywhere. People descibed it as a 'river of blood'

Its so surreal.

=/

Image
May 8th, 2008 at 07:34am