Panic at the Disco was amazing.

Yep. I went to the Honda Civic Tour last night (may 10). Brendon was much better live than I imagined. I had heard he was actually quite horrible live. All of them were dressed up in their button-up shirts and vests. Well, except for Jon. He was in jeans and a tee shirt. And not wearing shoes. Someone threw a waterbottle on stage and almost took Ryan's head off. Apparently, Ryan got a tambourine and has not been able to put it down since he got it. Which doesnt explain why Spencer had it at the begging or why Brendon was wearing it as a hat during the begging of "Mad As Rabbits". Ryan was adorable. He kept waving to everyone during "Folkin' Around", when he wasn't playing his beloved tambourine. Overall, it was pretty awesome. i liked it a lot better than I thought I would. Even though I've never really listened to them before, Motion City Soundtrack was pretty good too. I think I have to go buy some of their songs on iTunes now. The Hush Sound wasn't bad either, but the only song i liked from Phantom Planet was "California". They said at one point that they would meet everyone at the merch table after the show. Little did my little group know that they were actually serious. Some girl from the pit passed out and a random guy carried her out. They put her on a chair infront of my little box of seats and were panicking. They never even got her a water. i think they called an ambulence, though. Which sucked for her and her friends 'cause she passed out right before Panic came on. i had a great amount of fun last night, much more than I ever imagined. Luckily, I don't have post-concert depression this time, like I did for Fall Out Boy. My friends and I got a picture of Panic's tour bus and another of us in front of it. I'll have to ask Erin to e-mail me the pictures so i can post them. Oh- Brendon claims that last night was the best show he ever played, but i have a feeling he says that every show. If you've been to the Honda Civic Tour that was somewhere besides CT, let me know if he said that to you guys too. Now, to be perfectly honest, I didn't want last night to end. I wish it could've gone on forever-literally. I find it fascinating how the people you love more than some of those you actually know can be so (phsically) close to you, yet so out of reach. It's like, they're right there, but still miles away from you. Eh, whatever. It's rather confusing to think about after a while. if you're still reading this, thanks for listening to my rambling on about stuff you probably don't care about.
Ciao,
Roxie

Oh wait, here's theit setlist. unfortunatley, I can't remember the order, except that "Were So Starving" was first, "Nine In the Afternoon" was second, and "Mad As Rabbits" was last.

We're So Starving
Nine in the Afternoon
The Only Difference Between Martyrdom and Suicide is Press Coverage
Camisado
Time to Dance (acoustic. Absolutley AMAZING!)
Lying is the Most Fun a Girl Can Have Without Taking Her Clothes Off
But It's Better If You Do
I Write Sins Not Tragedies
There's a Good Reason These Tables Are Numbered, Honey, You Just Havent Thought if it Yet
I Constantly Thank God For Esteban
She's a Handsome Woman
That Green Gentleman (Things Have Changed)
Northern Downpour
Pas De Cheval
Behind the Sea
Folkin' Around
Mad As Rabbits

They did a b-side, too. I have no clue what it was called....You couldn't understand half of what they said between songs. They talked WAY too fast. ha. Some girl had a "MIKEY FUCKING WAY" tee shirt. I told her I liked it and she looked at me like I was crazy. And there was some girl in -I swear to god- Gold metallic leggings, an electric blue super-mini dress, a matching blue piece of cloth tied around her head, Extra-Hi black converse and a Gold belt. The entire outfit, minus her shoes, was made entirely out of Lycra and polyester, i'm sure. There was no way her mom let her out of the house like that. want to know more? Let me know!
xoxo,
Roxie
May 11th, 2008 at 07:12pm