here's to everyone who thinks they are...unique.

My advisor, Paul, who is most likely the most influential man in my entire life. Sorry, celebrities don't inspire me; they are too distant. Anyways, one of many great quotes he has told my advisory is "You're unique...just like everybody else." I loved this quote, so much! It is the most profound thing I've ever heard. I've always wanted to say something like this, but could not gather my words to say it right.

On this site especially, elitists think they are so much better than everybody becase...oh WOW, they are...what's that word again...UNIQUE? really, are you UNIQUE? are YOU unique? Tell me so, if you have a legitimate answer why YOU are unique. What makes YOU so much more unique than say... every other human being in which no one shares the exact same genetically. Hm, you're...different? why because you write poems? because you make fantastic art? So you are again, so much better than people that let's say...do sports, or can do math?

Whatever you do is great, whatever talents you have are wonderful. Everyone has something to contribute to work. Everyone is the same just as much as they are different.

Everyone is unique...sorry it's not just YOU.
May 16th, 2008 at 04:37am