Ex-friends.

Alright. I'll start at the beginning and maybe you can tell me who is right.

I used to despise this girl in my grade, we'll call her Jane, and then late September we became friends because we had a mutual friend. She liked some of the music I did and was starting a band. I decided I could join on as bassist.

With practicing we became fast best friends. We would talk and pass notes and all that jazz. We would make sarcastic jokes about each other and play around.

She was really into poetry and had just read me some of it over the phone. I loved it and I told her that. Once we got done talking she went on Myspace and posted a bulletin asking anyone if they wanted to read it.

I was bored so I sent her a message saying that it's horrible. I continued on with 'haha just kidding. I love your poetry. You're the master of poets.' (which was a term I made up because she loves the song master of puppets.) I figured it would be okay considering we always joke like that.

So then I get a long message back telling me that was a horrid thing to say and how I'm such a bad friend. I call her to get the full story. She says that she hated that I was trying to lead the band. All I was doing was suggesting songs because the only thing she was doing was sitting back and expecting sings to just appear for us to learn. I wanted to go somewhere!

So we settle some things. She understands me and vice versa. But things aren't necessarily back to normal. Then three days later she accuses me of being the one who was upset about the sarcasm! That made me mad but I let it go to try to maintain a friendship.

A month later I was talking to another friend doing a sarcastic thing that we both do with each other. She butts in and tells me I treat my friend like dirt. She goes on and on AGAIN about how I'm terrible using the same argument. Even worse though because this was at school.

This time I was pissed beyond belief. She wasn't even in the conversation. Then after maybe two minutes she leans over and tells me that she heard my crush liked me. Now I know how she works. She was trying to manipulate me into liking her again. I don't take it though. So I just don't talk to her for a week. It's not like she really tried to talk to me either.

So then she acts like she is the martyr. Saying that she won't act all angry with me when I don't talk to her. She has no right to be angry! And one of our friends went up to her and asked why we are fighting and she told her "Oh I'm over it. She just won't let it go."

Now I'm still really angry that she yelled at me twice and I'm not sure if I should give her a third chance. She is really trying to get back on my good side too. I just wish I would have seen who she was while we were friends. 'Cause she has actually been really shallow and obnoxious lately.

So my question: Am I wrong? Should I forgive her?
May 17th, 2008 at 03:09am