I Started Reading The Twilight Series. My Review.

I just started reading the Twilight series. I did take in account the reviews before I got the three books. A LOT of people are obsessed, and then there are people who hate it.

I'm not a bandwagon-er, obviously, that's why it took me so long to start reading it.
I guess the main thing I didn't like was how every teen girl who read it was like, "OMG, EDWARD CUlLen LYK ZOMG!"

And naturally, it annoyed me. But I bought Twilight like last week, and read it, I liked it. I'm now reading New Moon.
I do like the characters, but I'm not so keen on Bella. I dunno, there's something about Bella that makes me want to walk into the book, and just beat her with a two by four.

She's so needy, and lovey dovey. Sure, the vampire version of "Romeo and Juliet.".
A couple things I didn't like:

- They have known each other a week, and are like, "I love you." A little corny, especially since she had admitted in the beginning she took after her father in not being to open with her feelings.

- They don't talk like teenagers. Edward has an excuse, he's about 102 years old, and she's 17.
Instead of using common slang like "Yeah." they say it like, "Yes." And that's good, I mean sure they're sophisticated, and what not, but I dunno.

- Bella totally wants to be a vampire to spend the rest of her life with Edward. And I cheated a bit, and peeked at the end of New Moon. She's too corny for my taste. "Do you accept me as a member of your family? I'm going to be a vamp. no matter what."
I just really hoped she died.

- The one too many hospital scenes. Cliche, but seriously, you need that many? The damsel has to go to the hospital, a lot.

- The whole, I have to stay away from you to keep you safe. I read it a lot. Not that big of a problem though.

- Bella is so dependent on Edward. Like REALLY dependent.

There are more, but seriously, you're probably steaming.

Yes, I understand the undying love. I can sense comments like that. I totally understand that. It's just a little too much for me, I think. Since, I don't open up on my feelings either, I feel uncomfortable.

All in all, I did like the book. Just some parts, make me a little uncomfortable. And yes, this Edward character seems very sexy, I'd totally do him.

I saw the preview for the movie that's coming out in December. It looks good, I can't wait.
Robert Pattinson is what I'd picture Edward Cullen to look like. He's very hot. =]

So yeah, I can't wait.

OH, and I love Rosalie. I like how she totally is a bitch to Bella. I'd be too. She's annoying as fuck.

Ok, off to read more New Moon.

Thoughts?
May 17th, 2008 at 08:05pm