A Letter I Wrote To the Daily Mail, about My Chemical Romance

I can’t believe that the so called ‘journalists’ at a newspaper I once enjoyed reading, are this narrow-minded.

You’d think that journalists, of all people, would have more sense than to blame the death of a girl on a music band. Wouldn’t you?

I’m sure that by now, you have realised that I am of course talking about your slanderous articled about the suicide of Hannah Bond, and blaming it on My Chemical Romance. The way you wrote that all ‘emos’ believe they go to The Black Parade when they die just made me laugh. You make it sound like a religion! It’s a CONCEPT ALBUM. Do you know what that is?
I doubt it, seeing as you live in your own little selfish world, where you only write articles to get readers, and money.
Any fan of their music will tell you, that My Chemical Romance do NOT encourage death.
At concerts, Gerard Way (front man) is well known for talking about things like this, and telling people that nothing is worth killing, or hurting yourself over.

I suggest you watch this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BWSFiC3FVoE

There are so many others like it.

If you even cared enough about your articles to do some research into this band and it’s music, you would realise that what you have written is blatant lies.
Depression? Suicide? Far from it, whenever I hear one of their songs, I get this grin on my face a mile wide. I am a 15 year old girl, and although My Chemical Romance is my favourite band, I am in no way depressed, or self harming.
I have seen them live twice, and at both concerts, Gerard Way has only ever spoken about how smart we are, and how we need to look after each other, and how My Chemical Romance would never encourage something like self harm.

Just because their most recent album does indeed address the issue of death, are we so politically correct these days that the subject is taboo?
Are we not allowed to talk about serious matters like this, without being accused of depression and self harm?

It’s a fantastic album, that yes, is about a man dying, but no-where in the lyrics does it encourage death or self harm!

I hope that you have bothered to read this far, and know what a lot of young people like myself now think about you and your newspaper.

Regards,

A very annoyed My Chemical Romance fan.

If you go to the Daily Mail website, you can email them and tell them what you think about their stupid articles!!
May 18th, 2008 at 03:15pm