I don't get it.

There are so many great authors on here who don't get enough recognition. They're good enough to be classed as authors, not your average pre-pubescent teen who writes 100-word long chapters and have the two main characters (most likely who go by the names of Gerard and Frank) bang each others brains out within the first chapter or so.

I seriously don't like to read or write that sort of thing, and it seems to make up the majority of the stories on here.
I just don't understand how stories like that, with no real wide range of vocabulary, no real scene setting or vivid descriptions that inplant the story in the readers mind and make them feel as if they're right there (you get what I'm saying here, right?), are the top rated and top read.

How?
Why?

I'm using myself as an example because, truthfully, I've had enough of reading through crap to try and find the slightest hint of a decent fanfic...
I work so hard on the fanfics I write. I try and set the scene, describe the emotions, the surroundings...
But do I even get half as much recognition, attention and comments as these so-called "amazing", "top-rated" stories?
Of course not.

But you know what?
I'm going to continue posting.
I don't care if I get 2 readers or 200, I'm going to keep it going.

Just know that all these crappy stories won't have me added to their readers count, that's for sure.
May 21st, 2008 at 04:04pm