Campfire, Mole, and Rock Around the Clock

This weekend is going to be slammed. I should probably get off my ass and start making a choreography sketch for our project, Rock Around the Clock.

Basically, for Rock Around the Clock, you have to dress up as a band/group from the 50's to 1995, and get up on stage and pretend to perform like them. Or if you actually have the talent, you can play their song.

My group's doing Immigrant Song by Led Zeppelin. Go us. It's really not that bad. But I have to finish two posters, get some appropriate shoes, make my boat, and finish mapping out the skit and show it to Sarah so we know how to fight.

yeah. our group has six people, whereas, Led Zeppelin only has four. So the two of us are doing a mini skit while the others are performing. Woo.

Anyways. Today, before I go to campfire, I'm pretty sure, that we're going up to verizon so we can get new phones. Which, is a pretty big deal, because I haven't gotten a new phone since....well. Since we switched to Verizon. Which was two years ago. We had T-Mobile for a year, but it blew. But yeah. My brother's friend Harold, otherwise known as Mole, works up at one of the verizons. And every time we go there, and I see him, I want to crack up.

My brother tells mom and I these stories of harold being...well, harold, when he's drunk. It's pretty amusing. I would type one up right now, but I don't think they would appreciate having one of harold's moments being typed up on the internet for the whole world to see.

If you're still reading this, bear with me, I'm almost done. And thank you.

Campfire USA. I really didn't mean to go backwards from my entry title order, but it happens.
Anyways. Campfire USA is probably the best thing to happen to me since music itself. It's a local venue, pretty small. But it's so amazing. And even though the bands aren't like, ZOMG!!!!, they're all generally pretty legit, and I enjoy going to these shows. There's always some really cool kids volunteering, too, and, bah. I can't describe how much fun it is. But yeah. Jackie's going with me tonight, which makes me happy. She's just as excited as I am.

Only...11 hours and 40 minutes to go.

Woot.

Anyways, I'm done. If anybody actually read this whole thing, kudos to you.
May 24th, 2008 at 02:24pm