Once upon a time...

[this is a random conversation between me and my friend when we were both bored, she was pretending to be a kid and I was her mommy]

Abi: tell me a story, mommy! Tell me!
me: okay, sweetie. Once upon a time there was a boy and his name was Brendon.
Abi: Brendon? Oh, that sounds very familiar, mommy!
me: *ignores* and Brendon had a band, with 3 other hot men. And Brendon liked one of his bandmates veeeeery much, and that bandmate was named Ryan. But Brendon couldn't tell him because he was too shy.
Abi: awwwwwww... so is Brendon a girl?
me: uh... no, sweetie. Brendon's not a girl.
Abi: so is Ryan a girl?
me: uhhh.... no.
Abi: wait, huuuuh? I don't understand, mommy.
me: *ignores* so, Brendon went to ask his other bandmates for advice. And those bandmates were named Jon and Spencer, and they were really surprised to find out about Brendon.
Abi: why, mommy?
me: because he's... different.
Abi: what? Whyyyy?
me: because Jon and Spencer like girls... and Brendon... well he's different.
Abi: but didn't you say that everyone's different in their own way? Then why aren't Jon and Spencer different?
me: *ignores* so, with Jon and Spencer unable to help him. Brendon sought help from William Beckett.
Abi: who's William Beckett, mommy?
me: oh you know William Beckett the hot guy--I mean, he's a friend of Brendon, and he's like Brendon.
Abi: whaaaaat? How, mommy?
me: you see, sweetie. Boys like William and Brendon are what they call gay.
Abi: whaaaat? What does that mean?
me: gay has two meanings, sweetie. One means happy.
Abi: what does the other one mean?
me: it means... uh... that a boy likes another boy.
Abi: so... William and Brendon are both... happy? *innocent smile*
me: yes, sweetie. They're both happy.
Abi: so... who does William like?
me: a dude named Gabe Saporta.
[real Abi: *chokes*]
Abi: Gabe Saporta? That name sounds familiar.
me: yes, sweetie. He's the guy you've been fantasizing about for some time now.
Abi: ooh! *swoon* and does Gabe like William too, mommy? *innocent smile*
me: yes, sweetie. He's happy.
Abi: happy? How?
me: he's um... happy to be with William, and he's 'Brendon happy'.
Abi: Brendon happy... awww....
me: *long pause*
Abi: and then? And then?
me: so William told Brendon that he should just tell Ryan how he feels because he knew that even if Ryan knew that or not it would not get in the way of the band.
Abi: ... whaaaat? I don't under--
me: *ignores* so Brendon told Ryan how he felt.
Abi: aww... and then?
me: and that was when Brendon found out that Ryan liked him too, and that Ryan was also Brendon happy. And they all lived happily ever after.
Abi: what?! That's it?! But what happened after that?
me: Brendon kissed Ryan.
Abi: and what did Ryan do?
me: Ryan kissed Brendon back.
Abi: and what did Brendon do?
me: this story's getting a little too inappropriate for you, sweetie.
Abi: what? But I don't understand you, mommy!
me: just go to sleep, honey. Goodnight *tucks in*
Abi: *sleeps*
~Abi's dreamland filled with roses, pink butterflies, meadows, fields, bunny rabbits, puffy clouds and yellow brick road~
Abi: *skipping* lalalalalala! *sees Brendon and Ryan doing R-Rated stuff behind the bush she's picking flowers from with a basket* ooh! Just like in mommy's story! ... what're they doing?

END

new vocabulary:

Brendon happy = gay

well that was interesting --,
May 24th, 2008 at 04:58pm