Concert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

May 24, 2008...

BEST DAY OF MY LIFE TO DATE.

Fab Four concert. Ohhh yeah.

It was a five hour car ride from here in South Carolina to Winston-Salem North Carolina, but it was so worth it.

Rainbow and I had brought binoculars because we were in row X, but it wasn't that bad. We could see the stage pretty good, and I was in the aisle seat, which was good because of the old guy sitting in front of me. When I would look at the stage and do a sweeping look at the guysd on stage,I realized that "John" suddenly disappeared, then reappeared. It turns out the guy in front of me decided that he didn't really want to be there so he leaned his head to the side, blocking my view of the stage. But that's okay. Like I said, I had the aisle seat, so I just leaned out a little bit further.

Stupid, un-ethusiastic, old fart...

When the curtain lifted up and they started playing "I Wanna Hold Your Hand", I almost DIED. I was hyperventilating, I was screaming, clutching my hair, and I was sobbing. I wasn't crying, but I was sobbing.

And when "Paul" was playing "Yesterday", I wanted to use my binoculars so I could see what expressions he was making (because I had forgotten my contacs at home and I'm nearly blind). I was watching him for a while, when he suddenly looked RIGHT AT ME!!! He raised his eyebrow--just like Paul--, grinned, and kept playing.

Then they were playing some song (I can't remember which, I was trying not to pass out),and once again I was using the binocs, when "George" walks over to Paul and mutters something. Paul mutters something back, then goes back to singing. George walks over to Ringo, saying the same thing, and Ringo nods. Then he goes to John, and repeats himself.
Then, as if they counted off, they all looked in our general direction at the same exact time. I got so freaked out I put down the binoculars.

A similar thing happened later that night during the third set. I was watching Paul, when he suddenly sent me this look. I got really intimidated, so I slowly put down the binoculars and clapped along to the beat as they had requested earlier.

The funniest thing that happened was before the show even started.
In the row behind us was an eleven-year-old boy and his mother. My friends and I were dressed like hippies, so I was amused when I heard the boy ask, "Mom, why are they dressed like that?" The mother stole a quick glance at us, then promptly replied, "I think they're with the band. You see, I think when the band comes on stange, they're going to run up there and scream and jump around and pretend to be big fans and to really like the band, etc." At this, I couldn't help but turn around and say "Oh, no, ma'am. There's no need to pretend." The woman turned scarlet in the face, but we laughed it off. She then understood that we weren't with the band, but we were everything else she said.

PS. I think it's funny that the concert was in the same town as John Lennon's middle name.
May 27th, 2008 at 02:04am