Some people just piss me off so much...

Just a minute ago I read a journal that completely offended me. I don't want to start anything with any one, all I'm just trying to do is state my opinion.
The person who wrote the journal I just read was complaining about how much it annoys her when people are "depressed". I agree with them to some extent, but most of it is bull shit.
There are some people who are just whiney little brats, who spaz out because they didn't get that new pair of shoes that everyone else has, and now their life officially sucks. People who kill themselves because they don't have any friends or the kid in your History class called you fat.
But also, there are some people who can't help it. When someone who is genuinely depressed tries to look on the bright side of things, the only thing they will feel is guilt, because they're lying. It feels fake, and it makes things worse because people think that their life will never get any better because of how it made them feel when they tried to think positive.
People are born with depression. It's a disease, and people should treat it like any other disease. I was born with depression. My mom and my dad have it, and it's not our fault that sometimes we can't control our emotions. When people tell me that all I am trying to do is get attention, or that I'm pathetic because I feel depressed, I feel exteremely insulted.
I don't like to tell people that I have cancer, because I'm afraid that they'll think that's the reason I'm depressed. I was born with it, and I can't help feling the way I do.
May 27th, 2008 at 03:08am