The Thing About Me.

You know that tragic kid who believes everything, doesn't think anyone close to her lies, and believes everyone will be okay?

Yeah. I'm that girl.

I believe everything. You tell me something, and I might believe it.

I don't think anyone close to me would ever lie to me. Why would someone hurt me like that?

I believe everything will be okay. I'm failing my classes. My one best friend is going through withdrawal. My other best friend is dealing with her friend's death. And I believe that everything will blow over in a few days and everything will be hunky dory again.

The truth?

Don't believe everything.

99% of the time people, even people close to you, are lying right to your fucking face.

Nothing is ever all right.

It doesn't matter how much time has passed.

You can't just pick up your life where you left off, and pretend everything didn't happen, and that it was all just a bad dream.

The world doesn't work that way.

But naive me needs to believe it does.

I need to believe people.

I need to believe I'm not being lied to.

And I need to believe that everything is gonna be okay.

Because if I don't...

If I realize that things are really shit, and that the whole world is going to hell and that I'm first in line, I couldn't handle it.

I'd be one of those stories you read about and say "Glad it isn't me."

I need that belief. I need the comfort of it.

I'm not looking for pity.

I'm not looking for people to pat me on the back and say, "Oh, you poor thing."

Fuck you.

I'm not poor.

I'm not a kicked puppy or whatever metaphor people spit out.

I just want for people to see why I am the way I am. Why I always drop the, "Everything's going to be okay."

Why people think that I don't live in the real world.

I do.

I just try to live in mine most of the time to make is seem a bit better.

So don't yell, and don't criticize, and fuck the people who do.

</3
May 27th, 2008 at 12:34pm