My Chemical Romance

My Chemical Romance is a band, on the outside, with hundreds, if not thousands, of fans. But delve into the world they have created and you will find a place filled with "fuck ups", "freaks", "emos", "homos", "weirdos", all manner of put down people, along with a splattering of those who are fairly well off. In this world, most consider each other equals, peers, and friends. And also in this world, lives are saved. The kids who consider cutting, doing drugs, suicide, or generally fucking themselves up reconsider and look up to Gerard Way, Mikey Way, Frank Iero, Ray Toro, and Bob Bryar and hear them say, "That's not the way. That's not cool. We believe in you, even if you don't believe in us, and we'll never stop," and just that, those words from those mouths, and the music that those five extremely talented men create, makes them think, "Hey, I'm not gonna do this," or, "Hey, I'm gonna quit this shit and be a better person."

My Chemical Romance is, in my opinion, a blessing. It doesn't matter what religion you believe in; they are guardian angels. They are misfit, strange, flawed, weird guardian angels who took it upon themselves to make a difference in the world and actually give a damn. They aren't perfect, and don't pretend to be, and that makes a world of difference.

The only thing I fear for this almost utopian world is: What will happen to it when Gerard, or Mikey, or Ray, or Frank, or Bob, dies, whether from a car accident, or cancer, or a bullet, or what have you? No, this isn't a pleasant thought at all for any My Chemical Romance fans, and neither is the thought of My Chemical Romance breaking up. But it will happen, inevitably; the band will fall apart from age or death. As much as we'd like to fantasize about them being immortal vampires or whatever, they aren't. If one member dies, I'm pretty sure the band will fall to shreds, especially if it's Gerard. They are ALL equally amazing, but Gerard is the front man, the lead singer, and the one that most fans look up to, and NO ONE, absolutely NO ONE, could ever HOPE to fill his shoes. Hardly anyone could fill any other band member's shoes, but his would be nigh impossible.

So, what I propose is that we DO think of these horrble thoughts and plan ahead. What will happen when one dies? This "utopia" will let out an anguished cry, and may begin to fray, and I personally wish to keep this world thriving for the coming generations, because it's a wonderful world. But, more importantly, what will YOU personally do? I know, I just KNOW, some kids will commit suicide, start [back] up on drugs, start [back] up on cutting, or any matter of things that My Chemical Romance DOESN'T support. Please, I beg you, DON'T DO THAT. That's sick; it's disgraceful. It's like going up to the band right now, while they are all alive, and spitting in their faces, saying, "SCREW YOU! FUCK YOUR MORALS! FUCK EVERYTHING YOU'VE BUILT UP! I'M GONNA FUCK MYSELF UP!" Do you want to say that to them? I don't. I hope no fans do.

Instead, do something positive. Help the bullied kids at school/work, stand up for yourself and those weaker than you. Take My Chemical Romance's lyrics and words to heart. "Be yourself, don't take anyone's shit, and never let them take you alive," as Gerard has said. Be the "savior of the broken, the beaten, and the damned." Change the world for the better. Stand out, don't be just another teen pregnancy statistic, or any statistic. Believe in yourself, and your friends, and the good things in life.

Whether they are gone in a moment's notice by gunshot, or with only five to thirty minutes or an hour left as they die on the scene of a car crash or in the hospital afterwards, or if they slowly fade away over weeks, months, maybe years, soggy from the chemo and hairless as the cancer eats them away, DON'T FORGET THEM. Don't let anything destroy the My Chemical Romance way of life, this My Chem world. Instead of harming yourself, mourn properly. Maybe set up a few rocks in the backyard as a makeshift tombstone, and visit daily, or if you happen to live near their gravesite, visit sometime. Spill your heart out to them, just vent to their memory instead of reaching for those pills in your bedside drawer, or the vodka that you could nick some of that sits waiting in the kitchen cabinet, or the glinting razorblade on the bathroom counter, or that left over rope from the mountain climbing trip, or the gun that your parent has since they're a cop. And while they are HERE, in the flesh, breathing and playing and singing, thriving and living, support them. Buy their merchandise and wear it proudly, rock out to their music and sing along to the songs that are your favorites, whether you suck at singing or not. Go to the concerts of theirs that you can afford. Practice their morals daily. Don't bully kids; accept other's differences, whether you agree with their views and ways or not; stay "straightedge", or clean of drugs, booze, cutting, etc.; be proud of who you are.

I would do anything shy of illegal for these guys. They saved my life, and I'm saving theirs by believing in them. They support me everytime I hear their music. I fully support them and I hope every other fan does as well.

WRITTEN BY she will be loved ON MIBBA.COM
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Spread this around. Post it in your journal, on your blog, where ever you can, and sign it below. Include your name or a nickname if you wish.

SIGNED BY:
~she will be loved / Cat
~Drag_Queen
~Pansyxlivesxon / Megan
~Broken-Freakshow / Janna
~Velvet.Tears. / Shelby
~Skittlemeister. / Aidan
~frankismylife103181
~Then All Was Silent/ Sam
~XXlacerationXX
~Jesus_Of_Port_Toilet / Beth
~Echelon_Coiler / Becky
~Hyuuga Neji.
~Such A Strange Girl / Karinne
~Venomous.Vampire
~genesisXmurderscene
~Revenge Romantic / Lizi
~cottognapple / Lena
~whateverjk_lol / Anissa
~Emmy-Bear/ Emily-Jane
May 27th, 2008 at 09:14pm