Wednesday May Twenty-Eighth

Dear Mibba,

Today I got rather freaked out because I weighed myself and I was five pounds heavier then when I last weighed myself, which was in April or March. This panic drove me to eat a somewhat unhealthy snack after having two servings of fruit. If I had found some socks, I would've worked out but instead I watched television, wishing I had a yoga class. Next time I vow to take a walk around my neighborhood or do something. At guitar lessons today (which I hate, but only go to because I want to learn guitar and if I quit, I'll regret it) I spent 75% of the time learning new songs, which is good, because I just have to sit there and finger chords, not actually play. Before the guitar lesson and after the massive snack eating, I played war with the eleven year old blonde girl who resides in the room next to me. Her older sister won, of course. Before that, I did my Romeo and Juliet homework, which was rewriting the ending. Here it is:

"Paris arrives at the Capulet tomb and Romeo arrives moments later. Paris demands that Romeo leave before he can vandalize the Capulet tomb. Romeo tells Paris that he is not here to deface the tomb and Paris wants proof. Romeo decided to tell Paris the whole story about Juliet and him, as he's going to have to tell Paris eventually. Paris understands and accompanies Romeo to where Juliet is lying, seemingly dead. They start to panic and blame each other, but Juliet wakes up and ends their alarm. She realizes that her parents would not approve of her marriage to Romeo, and decides to trust in their decision. Romeo regretfully lets go of Juliet and convinces his parents to never fight with the Capulets again, because he doesn't want to hurt Juliet. Juliet's parents are so satisfied with Juliet's marriage to Paris that they don't feel like fighting with the Montagues and since the Montagues don't fight with them, everyone lives peacefully ever after."

Good, no? The instructions were: make it a paragraph, and make it so none of the characters fight or die. We could do whatever else we wanted. Some people wanted to make Paris and Romeo get together, and my teacher never said we could or couldn't, but I thought we couldn't because same sex marriage would probably be punishable by death in the 1500s.

Tomorrow is Culmination Day, also known as Field Day with the other middle school. And as my language arts teacher says: "It's not about having fun, it's about kicking their butts." The sport type thing I have to compete in is 'Scholastic Scrimmage' which is like those competitions where there are two teams and you race to hit the buzzer first to answer the question. I know, it's nerdy and not really a sport. But I'm good at school, so my team will probably do well. Hopefully.

Later days!
May 29th, 2008 at 02:04am