Metallica Concert - 28th May 2008, Slaski Stadium, Chorzow, Poland.

IT WAS SO FUCKING AMAZING.

The best night of my life. Me, my friend and my father were on the grandstand, near VIPs. We got there at about 7 p.m. and we were late for first support, I can't remember their name, but we call them "Mniamac" :D
We watched Machine Head and then for about 20 minutes whole audience on grandstands were making huge waves. It looked so awsome!
And at about 9 p.m. they went on stage. When I saw them, it was so unreal.... I couldn't believe that I'm there. Rob had this famous silver bass with blue flames. Lars had orange drums that I laughed at :D James again has got blonde hair and beard [which we call Christmas Tree ^^]! He's not grey anymore! And Kirk had awsome leather vest =) and cool guitar I've never seen before (or just couldn't recognize it on the large video screen ^^) - it was green with something on it, I don't know what. Maybe skull? :D

They started with "Creeping Death". It was quite unexpected, but okay ^^ We all screamed "DIE!" with them :D
Then "For Whom The Bell Tolls" and my friend said "For Whom The Mentos" xD Of course we all sang chorus :D
Next was "Ride The Lightning" - I don't think it went out so cool, but I liked it anyway ^^ We didn't have chance to sing with Het, but then we screamed our lungs out :)
"Harvester Of Sorrow" - it was strange that they played this song, but they actually did some songs that they do rarely. It's because Poland is special :D
Then James changed his guitar to classical one (if I remember correctly) and "The Unforgiven" began. It was amazing, he sang with such a passion I have seen only on "Nothing Else Matters" in old times. We all sang chorus with him and we lit up lighters or/and phones.
The next song was "...And Justice For All". I was pleasantly surprised by this move (not one of their moves, but the fact that they played it... why am I telling you this? I think you understood it ^^ sorry, I'm still phased :D) - I think this was one of the songs they don't play often now.
"Justice is lost,
Justice is raped,
Justice is gone,
Pulling your strings,
Justice is done!"
Next one was... "Devil's Dance"! I was so fucking astonished by this! But I like this song, I can even play what bass plays at the beginning xD We call it "Condensa" from the line "Come dance, Ah!" :D
Then James asked who have seen Metallica before and said to them "Welcome back" and asked whose is it first time and he told us "Welcome newcomers" ^^
And then they played "Disposable Heroes". I was like "Dude, they still can play it?" :D
"Welcome Home(Sanitarium)" - another surprise. It was really awsome, I love this song. Maybe 'cause I'm into psychiatry very much? ^^
And then was "Master Of Puppets". It was amazing! Just incredible! Despite usual singing whole lyrics, whole stadium sang "Too roo roo roo roo roo roo" to the slow solo. I hope you know which ^^ It was so amazing, I've never seen a thing like this. Singing solo... Man.
"Whiplash" - if I remember correctly. Dude! It was sooo cool :) Headbang all the way!
And came the time for "Nothing Else Matters". When they finished "Whiplash" I just felt that they'll play it. And this song was amazing. Everyone sang, lighters and phones up in the air... and Lars didn't play drums until 2nd verse, which I've never seen happen. I've got it recorded, so I'll put it on my profile soon.
Next was "Sad But True". Another awsome song. Do I have to say that we all sang along? xD
Then were pyrotechnic effects. Bombs and fire... and then I said "Fireworks are only thing missing now," and then the sky went pink-red with fireworks. It was really amazing. And, of course, "One" started. And when James sang "Landmine!" another pyrotechnic bomb exploded. It was incredible.
Then immortal "Enter Sandman". It was really great, but seen them do it better on the net.
Then they wanted to come off the stage! Everyone was like "Fuck no!" so they came back and played "Last Caress" and "So What!".
James said that we "kick asses!" and "are awsome!" and he promised that they'll come back to Poland with new record :) and Het asked if we heard of album "Kill 'Em All" and they played "Seek And Destroy". It was amazing. After it James again said that we "kick asses" and Lars threw his drumsticks and each member said something to the mic.

It was the bestest night of my life ever. So amazing, I still can't believe I was there. If someone's here from Poland and was there, too, contact me xD or if you're not from my country and seen MetallicA live, contact me ^^
Man, even my dad sang on "Master Of Puppets" and "Seek And Destroy" and some other songs. He doesn't even know Metallica's songs, to be honest he doesn't really like them, but he had fun.
It was an incredible time of my life. I'll remember it forever. And when they're here again I'm SOOOO gonna see their every show.

And now my talk about the band ^^
They're not sellouts. Sellouts are people who change for money. And Metallica is rich. So it doesn't really make sense. The truth is that they're just not afraid to experiment and do what they want. It's something I call to have balls. I really like Load, ReLoad and St.Anger. And maybe Lars did stupid things with this Napster shit, but I understand him. If you were for example a reporter and someone would use your article without telling you? I's just their work, they get money from it. Just like other people, we've got right to protect our property. And so what that they made song with Ja Rule and Swizz Beats? It's not that bad. If it didn't work out, then well... At least they tried. But they have guts to do this and don't give a shit when so-called "real" fans say they're sellouts and they were finished after "Kill..." or "...Justice...". They're not fans if they can't accept that everyone changes. If they look at themselves from a few years ago, they'd probably see they were completely different.

METALLICA RULES THE WORLD

I'm gonna eat something now, last time I ate was pizza yesterday at 2 p.m. and it's now noon the next day ^^
Love ya all,
Anne.
May 29th, 2008 at 12:04pm