Young Ambassador's performance.

Young Ambassadors. 6th May. Inspiration.
(I have a BYU lapel pin. ha ha suckers.)

I know it's late but better late than never. So, went to the performance and was thoroughly entertained. I love performance and this performance stood out to me even more because everyone involved was a Latter-Day Saint and were amazing examples for me showing me what I could achieve. Growing up I have had numerous people tell me my dreams of being a performer were un-realistic and that a Latter-Day Saint could never do that stuff. I could see where they were coming from but I never thought there reasons stood on solid ground. It wasn't like I was wanting to do anything that went against my religion so why try and stop me?

MOVING ON.

Remember Bob from BYU from a previous post? Well, I spent most of Tuesday preparing myself to find him and talk to him that night and then would start hyperventilating when I thought about what I should say. So we got to the venue and saw some friends and enjoyed the front row seats we had although we did not enjoy the row of teenage girls sitting behind us who screamed the whole night through. So it got to the intermission and I thought maybe some of the performers would sneak out and talk to the audience like they do at some performances but none did. So I started thinking I had missed my chance to find this guy. It wasn't until the host (Glenn A. Baker) had come out halfway through the second ad final act and said there would be a meet and greet afterwards that I was relieved.

So after the performance we were some of the first to arrive in the reception area as it was through the doors right beside our seats and Gabi and I spotted the exit that the performers used so we grabbed them first, snapped shots with them, talked to them a bit and made sure we warned them of the screaming polynesian girls (the same ones form earlier) who were mobbing (is that the best word to describe it?) the performers.

We found Lori again and jumped her and she told us how she saw us in the front row when we waved at her and she referred to us as her "Lori fan-club". Most of the performers of that night recognized us from the front row actually. So we were talking to Lori and I was looking around for Bob from BYU and thought out loud to myself "where is he?" and Lori asked who I was looking for. I said it was one of the performers and she asked what his name was and I said I didn't know and she wanted me to describe him to her. How do you describe a guy who has regular features and is wearing the same outfit as 21 other performers? Eventually we got across who it was and she said "oh that's Daniel! He's such a dreamer." at which I blushed bright red. Lori and mom had a good laugh at that.

So Bob form BYU is now Daniel from BYU. Not as catchy but it'll do. I swear, I have to pick the shortest guy out of all of them to like because I could NOT FIND HIM AT ALL. Through the crowds of people, even towards the end when people left, I still could not find him at all. I am disappointed but at least I tried looking for him.

So here are some photos from the night:

my favourite musician the drummer:
Image

Beautiful Lori. We jumped her after the performance.
Image

Elvis Presley impersonator. Not much to say on this dude 'cept I really think he could pass off as Elvis:
Image

CARSON! Far out I love this guy! He was my favouritest of my favourite performers. He sang falsetto in the motown song "Sherry Baby" and as soon as he started singing I was oblivious to everything else around me. I rather enjoy motown so combine that with his great acting and singing and I was hyped at hearing it!
Image

Spammalot horse guy! He was also a favourite. He had the coconuts and made the horse hooves sounds. He refers to it as the "percussion". When we saw him at the meet and greet the first words exchanged were between my dad and him.

Dad: *pointing at Spammalot dude* Spammalot Horse Guy!

Spammalot: *pointing back at dad* Front Row Corner Seat Guy!

Ha ha. Told you they all recognized us.
Image

Lys. She played the Lady of the Lake in the Spammalot act. She has an amazing voice:
Image
May 31st, 2008 at 10:19am