Petsmart Guinea Pig Suffers Neglect ( ***son City, PA)

This is a continuation of this journal entry.

Today, I was at Petsmart once again. The guinea pig was still there. It is against the law not to give animals with necessary vet care. I recorded a video of the neglect. The video can be viewed at www.petsmartnepa.tk. I also took more pictures.

Image

Image

Image

I am hoping to make some sort of difference with this store. I sent the video to both PETA and the Lackawanna County Humane Society. I am hoping the Humane Society arrests them for such stupidity.

This isn't the first time the pet store has screwed up with animal care. They do not care for their hermit crabs the proper way. They often use gravel as a substrate. Hermit crabs cannot molt in gravel. Their humidity is often too low, too, usually at 20%. Hermit crabs need humidity between 70-85%, 75-80% being the preferred level. Hermit crabs have modified gills, so they need humid air, which is air with a lot of moisture in it, in order to breathe.

A few months ago, their guinea pigs' tank wasn't clean. The bedding was caked inside, and there were flies all over in it. I complained to Petsmart, and they cleaned the cage up.

Their other guinea pigs are probably sick, too. Upper respiratory infections, the sickness the guinea pig probably has, spread quickly and kill fast. Even if the other guinea pigs do not get the sickness from the sick guy, they probably still have one, because they came from the same supplier. I am hoping to make some kind of difference for at least this one store.
June 2nd, 2008 at 03:38am