Writer's block sucks.

So, I pretty much have insane writer's block right now.
I have all these ideas, I just can't seem to put them down into words, descriptions, metaphors, images...
I need to get these ideas all out before I forget them, but I just can't seem to be able to sit down and write out more of my fanfics.

No matter how long I sit and stare at the empty Word document on my laptop, I just can't seem to force anything out.

Tomorrow morning, my friends and I get to meet with this author at school. I can't remember his name, but he's a published author and goes around schools all over the UK.
He's coming to speak to us seeing as we're taking Advanced Higher English for this year (our 6th and last year of high school - scary, really), and will be showing us previous pupils' work and will be helping us with our creative writing, or something like that.
I'm really excited to meet an actual author, who's published.
I'll get to ask him questions and all that about how he got published and he'll be able to give us advice.

I know for sure that I want to pursue writing as a career, either through being an author myself, or through journalism... I don't really know yet what I want to do.

I'm sure him visiting to talk to us will help my writer's block - he's bound to have some sort of "remedy" to cure it.
Hopefully then I'll be able to continue with the fanfics I've neglected for the past 8 weeks or so (:
June 3rd, 2008 at 10:02pm