And Tell Me, Just What Gives You The Right?

I'm feeling.... very angsty really.

The main thing that's bugging me is that people command respect from you, but show none in return. And sure, maybe there's something I'm missing here, but it seems like I've been insulted for no reason.
By two adults who should know better.

My first reaction to this is scream and yell and shout, ruin whatever peace there may have been.
But no,
I choose to remain silent. I stand up, take my half-full plate and place it on the bench.
and leave the room.

I took what I considered to be the more mature way to handle it.
Their response was to call me back and lecture me about "what I did" in front of my brother.
Then my brother stood up for me, and asked why they were so mad.
In return he was threatened with a grounding, and removal of all technology.

This is probably what annoyed me the most.
Sure, yell at me. Maybe, just maybe, I deserved it.
But don't yell at him.
That's just not right.

But what I can't get over is that they were making fun of my panic attack.
How is that funny?
I blacked out in a library and apparently it's hilarious.

So thank you, mother and step-father, for providing me with a journal entry worth of hate and immature whining.
Cheers.
June 4th, 2008 at 01:09pm