I Need to Escape

I Need to Escape

And when I’ve had enough of this I take myself to…a wonderful place. I could step into my dreams or my memories. I open my mind and close the door. No one can find me. My mind could wander into past experiences where I could cry over my dropped ice cream on the scorching pavement and that was my only worry. I didn’t have to worry about the war in a country that I’d never heard of. Or worry about the ozone layer burning. I would just fret about that vanilla ice cream cup. Never a cone because cones were too flaky for me and that’s all I needed to think about. When all of the adults circled around me like the Knights of the Round Table about me getting the smallest boo-boo. Mommy would kiss it to make it better and the tears would be gone, oh those were the days.
I am not the girly-girl I used to be and I some-what regret it. In hope and I wish that those dreams would come to life again….but they’re dead. My life-long wish is to be a little kid again. It’s all kind of sad how we all grow up. There is a point in life when we all meet the demise of the laughter of childhood. That is the most heartbreaking day ever. I’m only thirteen but now I watch my parents look over me and see their selves in me. Someday that may be me. This is life. You must live with life. So I take my last steps in my mind and my dreams and now I step out the door to reality. I’m out of this lost world, this dreamland, this perfect fantasy, where I can only worry about my dropped ice cream cup.
June 5th, 2008 at 03:23am