I Am Officially Obsessed With Serj Tankian

It all started a while ago....

*Flashback*

I was watching Fuse, right after the Sauce No. 1 Countdown came on. Since there was nothing else on, and they were counting down rock videos, I decided to watch it. I think it was the 7 video or something, it was Empty Walls by Serj Tankian. I couldn't tell what the artists name was at the time, so I tried to remember "Empty Walls".

It wasn't until about month later I remembered that I wanted "Empty Walls" on my iPod. I finally had an iTunes card, and thought it would be a good idea to get it now. I was obsessed with the song for a long time, actually putting aside MCR to listen to that one song! (and I have, like, over 50 songs by them on my iPod)

The reason why I liked the song so much because it was different than any other thing I've listened to. And I might maybe have a soft spot for accents (when he sings its like he has some weird accent!) (Which explains why I like Cute Is What We Aim For so much, I usually don't like that type of music, but the lead singer guy has an accent!)

About a year later I was browsing On Demand (I have comcast) (Who buys a dish in the city of wind??) and I saw Rock U talking about what people were singing about (There was this band, Coheed and Cambria, that sung about Sci Fi stuff, which got me to watch it. And the fact that that one guy has CRAZY (!) hair). And the last person to be their was SERJ TANKIAN!!!!! I was, "OMG Serj Tankian! I know him!"

They were talking about how he sings about political stuff, and showing clips from the video I had already seen and different video called "Sky Is Over"

Since I was already in love with one of his songs, I decided to go to Youtube to watch this video.

It. Was. Awesome.

That was about the time I became obsessed with him. I was so obsessed that I went on a "Youtube Spree" as I call it. I surfed Youtube and listened to all of his song, read the lyrics and listened to them over and over again. I usually do that with bands that I like, I usually end up having an obsession with them after that. I had a Youtube Spree With MCR, AFI, Atreyu, Paramore, and Panic At The Disco. Needless to say, I am obsessed with all of those bands.

Serj Tankian was so awesome, I had a sudden obsession with him. But at the time, I have no money, and I can't buy the cd. :[

But I am still obsessed with Bob. Don't worry, nobody could replace Bob on my obsessions list. Bob cannot be messed with. But, I do admit, Serj Tankian has jumped in front of MCR for the time being on my list. A feat that is incredibly hard to do in my list. Even Atreyu, my latest obsessions, couldn't beat MCR. And AFI, who I liked before MCR, is not even close to jumping them. Serj Tankian has something special about him, something I can't put my finger on!

Thanks for reading, I just felt like telling you my story behind my sudden obsession. It will help you understand about me more and my sudden obsessions.

XD
June 11th, 2008 at 05:05pm