Grey Areas and Such...

Ever notice how bad things seem are depended on the person you told? It's someone's opinion if it was that bad or not. Sometimes I seriously wonder if we're all as good as we seem. Sure, we don't do something like cheat or steal or do drugs or drink if we think about it. If we don't though? We'll do it. Because It's in human nature to want things that make you feel good, are we all selfish by spirit?

Or is it taught? I've seen the special kids at our school, and I've talked to them. They're not that different from us, they're just nicer. Maybe... maybe we learn wickedness as we get older. But maybe not.

We shoved other kids in the playground, ridiculed them when they were different, whose to say that it isn't human nature? To fight to be the best, while wanting somewhere to belong.
And whose opinion says what's right and what's not? If we were taught from birth that killing wasn't wrong, would we do it? Execution is considered lawful by us, even if it's just killing someone. We've learnt from birth that it's just. Is that really the case? And whose opinion counts to say if we've really cheated or not, or if we're still a virgin or not. Different people have different opinions. So which one do we follow?

Maybe it's what your inner voice says. What makes you sleep best at night. But when you regret something, what do you tell yourself then? That it was okay then, but not okay now? Or maybe you tell yourself you're being stupid.

You take comfort in the fact "well my friends did this" or "she drinks and smokes and no one hates her, so it must be okay", but is it really? Maybe your just changing your opinion so that you feel better. Everyone does it.

So where then do our morals go? If we can't uphold our own standards and morals, then what's the point in making them in the first place? We're no better than the animals we hunt. We kill, fight, seduce, do anything to get what we want. Are we any better?

Or maybe we all just make mistakes. Some mistakes are just bigger than others. Maybe we're not all bad, we're just misguided. Maybe we just want to be wanted. Maybe we want to belong. Maybe we think we deserve something that someone already has. Maybe you think that they deserve it, for whatever they did.

Or maybe there's a mix of both. A grey shade of more greyness. What then? Where do we know where to stand when the ground is so unsolid?

Maybe that's why we mess up so much. We can't grab something we can hold onto.
In a world of confusion, sometimes we all just fall apart sometimes.

This is why Chanel shouldn't be able to think.
A million of these things go through my mind in a few seconds,
and at the most inappropriate times,
causing me to almost fall in the washing machine.
*sigh*
June 13th, 2008 at 03:28am