I IZ GRADUATED

I graduated from high school and now it's all done. Most people on this site are still in high school, so I figure talking about how it feels to be FINISHED would be worthwhile.

To be honest, I won't miss much. I definitely won't miss most of the people. When you get to be a senior, assuming you have some semblance of intelligence, you come to understand that everyone else sucks. The maturity level of the average high school student is so far below what an intelligent senior behaves like that it's not even funny. I'm glad to get away from all that.

I will miss seeing my friends every day, but the point is they are my friends, so I will keep in contact with them. What I'm going to miss about high school is what I can't take with me, and that basically covers two things: 1) the teachers and 2) the comfort

Going to college is kind of scary, especially when it's on the other side of the country. If anyone actually read this, let me fill you in by saying I live in Orange County and am going to Georgetown in Washigton, DC next fall. So, that's going to be a pretty big change. Though the routine of high school can get tiresome quickly, I will miss knowing what to expect every day, in the good sort of way. I felt comfortable in high school because I knew what was in the realm of happening and what was not. It's not that I knew what would happen, but that I knew what COULD happen. College is entirely different in that I don't even know what to begin to expect from it. So yeah, I will miss the comfort that high school has afforded me. And I was a good student, so I had excellent teachers and I made friends with them. I will miss them, too. You might get really great professors in college, or really crappy ones, but regardless of their teaching ability, it still becomes difficult to befriend them in the way that you can with high school teachers. I seriously think that college professors will never care about you and your success the way that high school teachers will.

So all you kids that have to go back to high school at the end of this summer (snicker snicker), take that into account.

KTHXBYE.
June 14th, 2008 at 01:40am