The Woes of High School...

I just graduated from eighth grade a couple of Sundays ago and I'm going to be starting high school in September. I'm going to a prep school super far away where I'm not going to know anyone. All my friends are going to the same school and I'm really gonna miss them. I'm not really nervous about going to a new school, in fact I'm anxious. Elementary school was just awful and I'm ready to get a clean start. I don't have to be the shy, smart kid anymore, I can be a cheerleader if I want to! Not that I want to, but you get the point. The one that thing kind of scares me though is that I'm not good at making friends. I've been told I come across as stuck up and I don't think I am, I'm just quiet. What if no one likes me or gets my sense of humor? It would seriously suck to have no friends for four years. Now that I think about it, there is one more thing that's kind of nerve-wracking. What if I'm not as smart as everyone else? What if I'm the dumbest kid in the history of the freshman class!?! I've seen some of these kids, they all speak other languages and play violins and stuff. I can speak some pig latin, does that count? I just want high school to be fun and eventful. Anyone got some advice for me?
June 14th, 2008 at 10:20pm