numb to me

You are deaf, you don’t seem to hear my screams of agony. You are blind, you don’t seem to see the bruises forming where you punish me. There is too much noise, I am stunned my the endless nights alone, in silence, the early mornings when you finally stumble in laced with the telltale stench of someone else’s perfume. My body cries out for me to run, run away form the pain but my mind is numb, locked into your eyes, seduced by your touch. Me heart is chained and you have the key. The key to my heart. I look into the mirror, a stranger stares back face gaunt, eyes dull. Deep, deep down in my heart I know that I could escape if I wanted. But I don’t want to. I feel safe in your crushing embrace. Only I can see the love behind your cold glassy eyes. Sometimes it is hidden completely beneath the black but I know that it is still there, it has to be. You look into my blacken eyes and swear that you love me and I believe, even if know one else does. Then , with a gun in your hand, they shot you down, stole you away from me. After my tears dried and my heart steadied, I realized you were there for me all along. There to slap me in the face and wake me up to the mistake I was living.

Now I hope you can hear the song I’m singing and see the bruises fade as my smile grows. Look down on me and smile with me because I know you love me, and so do you.

-feb 29-
June 19th, 2008 at 06:14am