Our 2nd Summer Adventure (Alive! Festival 08)

So on saturday we(Kara and Annie) went to Alive! festival. It's a week long thing where all these christians get together and christian rock bands come and play. On saturday they had Skillet, High Flight Society, Disciple, Sixpence none the Richer, Chris Tomlin, ect.

So when we first got there we set up our blanket in the ampitheater and walked around the Merch tent. Annie's sister was buying sun glasses when this guy came up to us and asked if we wanted a "ninja hug". At first I was like "Whoa. I don't even want to know what the heck that is" and he's like "It's just a hug with sound effects". I still was kinda wierded out, but then annie was brave and went over to accept a hug and then I did it too. He just kinda hugged you while slightly tapping your back and making a noise that was kung fu-ish(In other words, "WAHHHH!")

Btw, I also hugged Lary Boyyyyy!

Then after that was over, me and annie saw this guy with a shirt that said "HIGH FIVE IF YOU HATE PORN", and we wanted to give him a high five. So we went over to where he was selling t-shirts and I gave him a high five. The first one was kinda off though so I had to give him another one and then Annie gave him one. It was amazing.

After that, We bought "To Write Love On Her Arms" Shirts and bags. And then we bought a showbread cd and a hawk nelson cd.

Later, we went back to the ampitheater and listened to "High Flight Society". We were sitting over on a hill watching all the people standing up by the stage just standing there and we kept getting mad at how un-excited they were. So we went down there to stand in the crowd and yet we ended up not acting excited either. It's not that they weren't good, they were amazing, we just weren't jumpy then.

Then we went back to the merch tent, to buy the "High Flight Society" CD and we bought some of their T-shirts also. We then wandered around and bought some amazing pins. (Like the ones you find at Hot Topic with something on the front and then you can pin it on your purse or something). We found ones with Edward Scissor Hands, Felix, Family Force Five, Mario, The Love Alliance, and more. They were awesome. We also got stickers, and Annie's Sister bought a "Worth Dying For" T-shirt.

After that, We went and got food and smoothies and me and Annie's Sister had to go get the cooler. It was kinda complicated because there were a lot of big hills. Going up them made the cooler really heavy but going down the hill made the cooler go really fast and It ran over our feet and we almost hit people with it.

Once we got back, Disciple came on stage and we went down into the crowd. It was crazy. Everyone was splashing water everywhere and Me and Annie jumped like idiots, headbanged, and screamed a lot.

After they were done playing, I went back up to our blanket and pretty much collapsed. I was so tired. Annie and her mom went to the merch tent again to buy Disciple's CD. John Rueban, A christian Rapper, came up on stage and played his music while me and Annie's Sister Rested.

Soon, though there were some icky looking clouds in the sky. All three of us went to go take the cooler and food back to the car so in case there was a storm, we wouldn't have to deal with it. Turns out we took the stuff just in time, because as we were taking it to the car tons of people were getting up, freaking out, and running out. The skys were starting to look very creepy as we finished up getting the stuff in the car. We called her mom and she said that they had everyone go to two big tents that were there and she was in the Merch Tent. So we ran back so we wouldn't get caught in it. I ran into some guy, stepped in mud puddle(I was wearing Flip Flops), and both Annie and her sister had to wait for the lady to check their bracelets. Finally we got inside the tent. Tons of people were shoved in there and they had to have people hold the poles of the tent so it wouldn't lift off the ground. We moved to the back of the tent and eventually sat down on the ground to wait for it to pass. There was this random guy who decided to eat an apple and I got a free shirt from "Malone" College from this guy who gave them out free. After awhile the tents ceiling was starting to sag because it was so filled with water from the rain builing up on the celing. The secruity guys had to go move the pole that was holding up the tent to let the water drain inside the tent. It's hard to explain but it was pretty cool watching all that water pour down. After about an hour in the tent the people said we were free to go about where we wanted to. We went out and it was still raining but everyone was heading over to the ampitheater so we over to see whether it was continuing. Turns out it was.

They cut out "Worth Dying For" because of the loss of time and "Sixpence none the richer" came on. We went to go stand in the crowd and By the time they were done playing the rain had stopped and the sky was clearing up.

We went to go get food after that and then we went down to the stage for the best band ever: SKILLET. There opening was A-M-A-Z-I-N-G. There was this amazing violinist , really cool lights, sparks, and fire. The music was totally awesome and once again we jumped up and down, headbanged, screamed a lot and this time, I stepped on some toes. It was UBER amazing.

Then, after that, we went back to the car to go get a sweatshirt because it was cold and Chris Tomlin came on. We sat on our blanket and sang along and then Louie(a christian speaker) came on and told us a story about a girl who emailed him. It was a story about how she became a christian through her room mate in which she called "Fruit Cake". Within 14 days she went from hating God, to being a Christian. But one night in May she was driving and she was in a car accident. They couldn't stop the internal bleeding and she passed away. We learned about how God works though people to show the world his greatness. It was a very empowering story.

So after Christ Tomlin sang one last song, it was time to go home. By then it was 1 A.M and we still had a two hour drive. We got back home at 3 A.M and got to bed by 3:30.

It was a long day but also amazing and UBER Fun. I would definetely do it again.
June 23rd, 2008 at 10:05pm