The Bestest News Ever

Alright, since I've been keeping you guys updated on my rodeo life, I figured that ya'll might want to know all about saturday, which was the Youth Arena Ministry $10,000 Blowout. The theme of the blowout was "Thy word have I hid in my heart," which is a line from the bible that was written into a song by the pastor of my church. Everybody who ran or roped or tied or whatever they did on saturday, worked very hard to get there. There were people like me who actually worked for the success that they have, or the people like a certain somebody I know who's success came to them when they got a fast horse. Anyway, off my rant now. On the Tuesday before the rodeo, i ran a practice run at an arena that was bigger than the one that the blowout was in. I ran a 19.495. On Saturday, I ran a 17.405. That's a full two seconds people! I was very proud. I was even prouder of the fact that even though I didn't win a buckle, or a saddle, or the trailer (which I really need) I still found myself congradulating those who did win. I came in 4th place overall (which is good for someone who only ran in one event). I don't know if anybody actually reads this, but for those of you who do, I just thought you would want to know. And another update, my horse, Lady, and I are going to start running in some jackpots that are close to home so... i'm pretty excited. Thanks for reading!

XOXOXOXO
Ryan
June 25th, 2008 at 07:40am