Anime Conventions and Cosplay

So lately I've been thinking of attending the Anime North in 2009 in Toronto. I'm pretty excited about it, since I've never attended Anime North. Apparently it's one of the busiests conventions in the history of conventions.

This won't be my first convention though. I've been to 2 of them with my friends. I enjoyed it entirely, even though the second time the convention was a small one, and we were almost late for our train back home. But still, it was enjoyable.

I'm not quite sure if I should cosplay for Anime North or not. I've seen so many awesome costumes. I would feel embarrassed if my costume was nothing compared to everyone elses. But oh well.

I'm planning on hopefully attending an anime convention this August, even though it's a fanfiction one. I don't care. I love going there and seeing all the different anime stuff. Actually yesterday they showed a documentary on the anime conventions. They showed all the stands and people cosplaying, especially one guy that always cosplayed as Sephiroth from Final Fantasy VIII-Advent Children. Not a bad looking guy either;)

What do you fellow Mibba writers say to this? Should people cosplay as their favourite anime characters without having to worry if their costume is good or not? I say it shouldn't matter, just as long as the cosplayer likes their outfit.
June 25th, 2008 at 09:14pm