Cirque du Soleil <3

This is one of my favourite things to talk about: Cirque du Soleil!!

I absolutely love these performances to death! I actually got a chance to see them live in Toronto a couple years ago. They were performing Verakai. The only sad thing was that we were late, and by the time we got there it was almost half way into the show. So the last half was amazing!

My cousin is trying out for Cirque, and she's a year younger than me. What a lucky girl she is. I heard that you have to be at Olympic-level in order to get in, but I'm not sure that's entirely true. Oh well. Hopefully my cousin will make it; and hopefully that will mean tickets that are half-priced XD That would be awesome!

Another awesome thing is that my mom ordered the movie Alegria from Cirque du Soleil, and we've got tickets for one of their shows. Saltimbanco I think. Yep I'm pretty sure that's the one. I tried pronouncing it, and I failed miserably X3

Ah well, I just can't wait to see it! The movie as well. The first time I saw it, I was in love right away. Whoopi Gollberg is in that movie as well, which is cool. She's a clown :p They actually have performances from the Cirque show Alegria.

I saw one of their shows on the tv. La Nouba I think. Yeah it was La Nouba. Oh my god, AMAZING! I loved the little boy clown that walked around all the time with a big smile on his face and walking like a penguin! Ha!

So cool! I wish I could be in Cirque, but alas, I'm not very flexible :( Hm, maybe a couple years in ballet class or bellydancing will help? Heh
June 26th, 2008 at 05:41am