West Coast Riot -08

There's only one reason I'm writing today and that's because I can't wait any longer to tell you all about the festival I went to three days ago.
Okay, so let's start to tell you all what happened:

Me and my friend Frida got to the festival around 12.30 pm and got our tickets changed to "bracelets" thingys.

The we looked around and talked to people for about thirty minutes and then we leaved. We didn't want to spend like five hours being there, bored, listening to bad music so we walked around in town for a couple of hours and had a great time. And then when we got back we went to the close-up scene. It was two hours left until Neverstore (a Swedish punk-rock band, you should check 'em out, they're really good!!!) was going to get on stage. We was right in front of the stage, and three bands were going to play before Neverstore, all of those bands were really sucky but hey, it was worth it.
I was so happy when Neverstore finally got on stage. They were awesome, as always and they're just a really good band with catchy songs! The singer. Jacob, was looking at me and Frida a lot! Haha I swear, at least it felt like it =).

Neverstore only played for 45 minutes, which sucked because they're so good haha, 45 minutes is sooo short!
The next band was an awful Swedish punk band, which played for freaking 50 minutes! They were not good at all, and meanwhile they played a lot of people started moshpits and pushing really bad. And then there was this girl ...
Oh, my God! She was so annoying, like the worst bitch ever. She was there only for The Used - obviously. She was kicking me, pinching me, pushing, staring at me and did everything to make me move so she could see the scene better. Her boyfriend who was there with here was pushing her so she pushed on me harder, I seriously screamed at her (along with like three other persons who got pissed off at her). I asked her to stop pushing and she told me that she was pushing me because I was pushing her ... I almost laughed in her face. I asked her if she was blind nor didn't see all the other people who were standing around her, I wasn't me who pushed her, come on! I mean, give me a break, it's not like you go to a show and don't think that there will be people who push you. It was like hundreds of people there, and she blames me?! And there she was, kicking me with purpose, pinching my arms and stuff. ANNOYING!!!

Anyway, The Useeeeeed.
I was so excited and when they finally got on stage - I screamed sooo much my throat still hurts haha. I sang every word and Bert was as crazy as always. He made us scream "I fucking pinky promise you, Bert!!!" (to come to their show when they're coming back here) and he pinky promised us to come back soon. He made us scream "Hi monkey-man!!!" To a teddy bear which looked like a monkey that someone had threw onto the stage. And he was wearing bunny ears for a short while and he said stuff like "You're feeeeeling sexy! You're looking sexy, you're smelling sweaty. Take each others sweat in your mouth, ..." etc, etc.
Frida and I started our own little mosh and it was hilarious, haha. The Used played only for 45 minutes, it went by too fast!

I had such a great time and The Used were simply amazing! One of the best days of my life, really.
When we were on our way home we realized that the buses had stopped going (it was 2.00 am) so we had to take a taxi. I slept really good that night and I've been listening nonstop to The Used since the concert!
June 29th, 2008 at 08:08pm