YAY!!! FALSE SUCCESS!!!

My band, Straight From the Fridge, might be playing a show with MICHALE GRAVES (you know, the former lead singer of The Misfits?) on November 5th! All I need is venue approval, but even if the bar I'm going through right now can't do it, I can always try for another. BITCHIN'!!!

This should teach you all one thing: If you want something, go for it. Even if it sounds ridiculous, what's the worst that can happen? They say no/it doesn't happen? This has been my philosophy lately, and it actually seems to be getting me somewhere. I'm trying to get some Halloween shows together with Michale Graves (looking good), the Koffin Kats (I haven't heard back from their booking agency yet, though), and a local group called Red Lipstick Death (they said they're interested and'll let me know if they can play by the end of the month). I'm also planning to try out to be the new bassist of the Pink Spiders. It sounds crazy, but who knows? I'm decent at bass and think it'd be fun, so I'll give it a shot. I've talked to Matt about it briefly and things sound good so far.

(What did I really learn? The tricks those bad bands use to get opening slots for good/bigger bands. haha)

Check out my band on MySpace: www.myspace.com/straightfromthefridgee
and my amature music/movie corporation: www.myspace.com/cspullcorporation
July 7th, 2008 at 03:29am