Northstar Academy

This is my current obsession. Go and see and guess which character is mine!

Image

Welcome to the very lofty and prestigious Northstar Academy.

Located in the mountainous terrain of Alaska, it’s definitely far from average. After all, how many small towns have moose that get the right of way or deer eating your garden. The ever wonderful warnings of bears and how you’re not supposed to feed Romeo the wolf, though everyone does. It’s nice, peaceful town that makes going to the wondrous institute that is Northstar, a little better.

Like any other boarding school there is the problem of students discovering just how free they are around here. Sure they probably won’t go running off to some other city since they’re kind of far away, but no one ever seems ready for their first encounter with the wild. Not to mention, there’s the nasty little habit of kids sneaking off to the club and getting plastered. Missing curfew like bad little children, but that’s still rather nice compared to what goes on in the school.

Inside the sacred halls of Northstar everything is a battle. Ever since the need to divide the students up by names and place them into different houses, there have been massive problems. Perhaps it’s a nice thing that these kids show loyalty for their houses, but it’s not always so sweet and wholesome. In fact, during spirit weeks it’s sheer hell for most. Horribly into their fractions, each one seems to have this superiority complex over the other three. And most teachers look the other way being former students as well. Even still, each house has their own distinct attitude if you will.

No one seems to make as much noise as Grizzly house, though they do seem to get a certain kick out of leaving messes in Eagle house late in the night. Not that Ptarmigan and Wolf don’t help out there as well. But Ptarmigan is also fairly nice, allowing anyone into their halls for a fee. They swear it‘s to keep the vending machine they managed to obtain, well stocked. But compared to the ‘No Outsiders Allowed’ rule of Wolf, they’re down right charming. And Eagle, well, they don’t really do much although some of their students are the prime suspect for the vandalism that tends to occur in other houses.

And while not all of the students of Northstar are so attached to their houses, the other’s are what’s gained the school it’s reputation. After all, no one wants to be dumber then the idiots in Wolf House or worse at sports than those Grizzly slobs. Some say that such need to be better builds character, other’s just think it draws away from what the school should be, a school. But change doesn’t seem to be on the horizon as much as all out war between houses.

Welcome to Northstar Academy, kids. Enjoy your stay.

Feel the love {hearts}
Boo
x
July 7th, 2008 at 06:07pm