SPRUCE MEADOWS!!

Oh man! Amazing news! So the other day I was on Facebook at like 11 at night, and my riding teacher starts talking to me. She said that she was trying to form up a Pinto team to go to Battle of the Breeds next year at Spruce Meadows and apparently my lovely Horse and I were her first choice for certain events! Do you know how amazing this is? Well, first I had to ask the parents... I dreaded that from the beginning. I knew that because of the costs, my mother would not want me to go. We're not a particularly rich family and I'm going on a big (and expensive) France trip next year with my school and friends. After a lot of begging and pleading, down on my knees, telling them I'd pay for almost everything (which is like, almost 2000$) after I get a job this summer, I finally got them to agree... and I nearly fainted. This was the best day of my life! I get to go to Spruce Meadows, where all the pro's ride, with my own horse to do the things we love most! Barrel Racing, Jumping and Dressage. The cool part is that I get to ride in the big field where Ian Miller and Eric Lamaze have ridden, and where Anky Van Grunsven, the best dressage rider in the world does presentations!! I'll get to watch everyone compete and the best part... No parents and I'm missing 3 days of school! I get to stable Dolly right next to all the jumping horses. I'm sure some people are thinking this isn't that big of a deal or, for the people who don't even ride horses, what's so special about going to Spruce Meadows? Well, I have to say that this puts all of the other shows I've gone to, to shame. I've never even imagined myself going to something like this with MY OWN horse! I never even dreamed it! So for me... This is awesome.
July 11th, 2008 at 02:04am