I Remember Childhood- Don't You?

I remember childhood. I remember being blissfully ignorant to all of the pain, all of the hatred and all of the frustrations. I never knew I had it bad.

Why did I have to be informed?

I was happy then. Maybe my mother was a druggy and I confused my jailed step father as my real father but I didn't know there was anything wrong with that. I had my grandmother and I had my siblings and I was, this needs to be repeated, happy. Did it matter to me that life wasn't perfect? No, because, to me, life was.

Now, I know. Now, I am no longer happy. Sure, things have made me laugh. Things have made me wake up in the morning. Things have saved my life.

But, to say I am happy is to say I'm green-skinned and can be easily tamed with treats...

Well, at least I am not green skinned.

I haven't been truly passionate about something in a long time and I blame soceity. I blame society only because I don't want to blame myself.

It really is my fault, isn't it? I grew up. I let go of my childish ways and I became a sinner along with ever other human. I let myself become one of them and I have no one to blame but myself.

So, thank you, society, for taking the blame for me for so many years. Now, I am ready to fess up.

I grew up.
July 13th, 2008 at 10:30pm