WARPED! (7/15/08)

I went to the VA Beach Warped Tour today.
OH.MY.GOD.
-fangirl squee-

It was sooo amazing, I swear to God, best time of my life!
I got the worst sunburn and tons of bruises from the moshes but it was all worth it.

Let’s start with the bands, shall we?

The Academy Is…; I got a highfive from William Beckett! They are amazing live, exactly like the record but BETTER. I swear. William did a “seductive” thing and I was the first to scream, mainly because I felt like it, and he winked and smiled at me.

The Color Fred; Fred is hilarious, and they’re all amazing guys, although I still wish he would have stayed with Taking Back Sunday. Before they played ‘Get Out’ Fred did a little speech: “So this is a song about a time where I was coming back from a show with a friend of mine and he’s not the best driver and we ended up driving headfirst into a telephone pole.” “Was it Adam?!” “Yeah…” I love them. (:

Madina Lake; they are so amazing live! The mosh was insane, Nathan did like a flip and jumped into the crowd almost inches away from me, I had to help him back up and I grabbed his ass by accident and it was completely unintentional! But still… They had funfetti and balloons filled with it, it was so amazing. When Nathan and Matthew got close I couldn’t keep a straight face and was thinking Nooo, please no, ohmygod ohmygod… (If any of you all have read Obsession by Joey Jordison. then you all know why.)

3OH!3; They get the crowd going and have huge bass, we felt it all the way in the back in the seats, talk about vibrator…

Cobra Starship; I’m not the biggest fan, I only know two songs, both singles, but I was still jumping around because I couldn’t help it, they’re great performers.

Say Anything; they are amazing live! Seriously! We were waiting for them to come on and I could see the drummer over the gate from where I was and I started waving and he smiled back at me, and then everyone started screaming, and I felt kinda bad, so I shouted sorry. But the mosh was crazy, although there was this really tall dude blocking just about everything and there was a lot of big, drunk people in there, and my friends and I are all semi-tiny and not that strong so we’re getting tossed around so much and I had a Mom in front of me so I couldn’t really do anything, but anyway, they were still awesome.

Reel Big Fish; I didn’t really see them, I saw one song, but I heard them and semi-saw them from where I was standing waiting for Say Anything and they were just plain the shit. Everyone was dancing to them while waiting for Say Anything.

Between the Trees; they are so amazing live, noticed I’ve said pretty much the exact same thing for all of them? The crowd was small, so I was right up in the front, and they are such performers, I swear, they’re all amazing. And they were on a mini stage, but they owned it by the time they were finished.

We the Kings; the mosh was insane! We were right up in the front in the middle, where all the crowd surfers went, that was the worst mosh pit there. I was too busy trying not to get mauled than pay attention to the band, but it was all good, they were still amazing. Travis was like “We’re gonna play you all a song about sexual intercourse, you all good with that?” Screams. I got to meet him too, and give him a hug. -cheesy grin- He was standing out by their merch tent, just being there, and we walked up and I said “You’re really brave for coming out here, aren’t you afraid you’re gonna get mauled or something?” And he just shook his head, my friends said he thought I was probably going to maul him.

We saw a lot more, but I have nothing to write about them, mostly because I never figured out their names or wasn’t really paying attention. We had to leave before Angels and Airwaves came on though, that sucked. AND we missed LUDO by one day and Jeffree Star by two. -sigh- So close yet so far away…

But all the moshes were WOW. I got kicked in the head about ten times; five for We the Kings, three for Madina Lake, and two for Say Anything. Got hit in the head with a Monster can; Madina Lake. Almost fell down about 50 billion times from being pushed so hard; mostly for Say Anything and We the Kings. I have huge bruise all the way around the front of my stomach from being pushed against the railing so hard; The Academy Is… And a lot more that I can’t remember, I honestly think I suffered a concussion.

I probably have about ten bruises on each arm, fifteen on each leg, the huge one on my stomach that’s already been mentioned, five on my back, one going halfway up my spine and a lot more I probably haven’t seen yet…

Buut, I got a TWLOHA shirt, so happy about that. Haha, such a random bit of information, so irrelevant to it.

“I want you all to forget everything that happened yesterday or the day before or ever, because it’s gone and it’s in the past. I want you to forget about all the things you’re afraid about in the future, let go of all the bullshit and the thoughts, just clear your minds, because it’s about the now, and right now you’re in the fucking mosh pit to probably one of the most idiotic bands in the world!” -Nathan Leone.

He made you a sweater of his tears, and you killed him.
Haha, I’m watching SpongeBob and I love that quote.
July 16th, 2008 at 07:06am