Sluttish? I think not!

Image

This photo is one of the many Twilight covers. My cousin are having a debate on this. She says it look slut-ish, I say it represents elegance.

My thoughts is that, Bella and Edward are what represents elegance and sexiness. Edward's shirt open is only the sexiness. Bella's seductive grasp on Edward, and hold on the apple is another symbol of the love, the truth. Stephenie Meyer said the apple represented so many things. This is her exact words taken from StephenieMeyer.com "The apple on the cover of Twilight represents "forbidden fruit." I used the scripture from Genesis (located just after the table of contents) because I loved the phrase "the fruit of the knowledge of good and evil." Isn't this exactly what Bella ends up with? A working knowledge of what good is, and what evil is. The nice thing about the apple is it has so many symbolic roots. You've got the apple in Snow White, one bite and you're frozen forever in a state of not-quite-death... Then you have Paris and the golden apple in Greek mythology—look how much trouble that started. Apples are quite the versatile fruit. In the end, I love the beautiful simplicity of the picture. To me it says: choice."

I completely agree with her. I don't think this cover was made to look 'slut-ish' I think it was made to represent elegance.

What are your thoughts?
July 16th, 2008 at 09:11pm