From the Desk of Meghan Freshman (now a sophmore)

WARNING: NOT FOR THE WEAK OF HEART

This is what happens when I get really bored. I go on the computer for way too long. And then if I'm REALLY bored, I go on Mibba.

No offense to the regulars on here, of course. Mibba just really isn't my thing, so I tend not to visit it often.

I mean, yeah, I could call up some friends, chit chat or whatever. The only problem is, they're either with their families or at camps. One is actually doing some Advanced Placement homework for the coming school year....EVEN THOUGH IT'S SUMMER.

Which brings me to my next topic. Actually, no, never mind. I really don't want to talk about school right now.

Actually yes. I do.

(sorry about this. but you're the one who's reading it, not me haha)

I miss school. Now, before you shit yourselves, listen to my reasons.

1. Friends. Friends are always there (except for when they're sick, but w/e). They are all in one place; easy to find; it's great! And if you have a class that doesn't really matter, you can take a 5 minute walk (usually with those classes, the teachers don't notice or don't care 'cause they kick ass) and find them. Thus, you can chit chat with them for a while.

2. Sports. I understand, a lot of people on her are against sports. Well, I'm not. I like them. I just so happen to be (excuse me if you don't like labels or whatever, but I'm going to use them for the sake of a better explantion and to stave my boredome) a girl jock (basically a lesbian)/skater/alternative kid/rocker.

NOTE: an alternative kid is pretty much a kid whos really into music and wears band tees and stuff like that, but they aren't punk. Really, they're soft-core punks.

I like sports. I really do. I enjoy playing them. I play hockey and softball, and I miss them dearly haha. I actually am playing hockey during the summer, but it's just twice a week, so it's not like a regular season.

3. Fun. Don't lie to me and say EVERYTHING about school sucks. Sure, maybe you hate all your classes or whatever. And if you do, okay. That's fine with me. You're just missing out. I'm not saying I enjoy schoolwork. I actually really don't. Nor do I enjoy homework. I like being in class sometimes, though.

Ya know when you just have a lot on your mind? Maybe it's about a person you like, maybe it's about a fight you had with your best friend, it could be anything troubling. I find that if something is troubling me, I sometimes can't focus too well on school work, but I sometimes I can focus better on my school work. I mean, it's not often that it turns out that way, but it happens.

So, yeah, I enjoy school. The only bad parts are the boring things. If I'm having some sort of fun, then I'm fine with it. And plus, it makes you appreciate more things, like weekends. Seriously, during the summer, do you look foward to weekends? Probably not, because everyday is like a weekend, unless you work 5 days a week, 8 hours a day. I don't know, it makes me appreciate more things.

I'm not saying I'm an opptimist, 'cause sometimes I really am pessimistic. Sometimes I just hate everything for a silly reason, or maybe for no reason at all, but I've learned this past year, that if you don't have a sense of humor about tough things, then life is kinda suckish.
July 18th, 2008 at 12:05am