After Two Years...

The last time I was in a school was two years go and that was 5th grade, elementary school. Now when the summer is over, I will be going back to 8th grade which as we all know is the last year of middle school.

This whole ordeal (which I will not go into detail about), has made me realize exactly how important our school years are and, on the other hand, how some people make them out to be more than they are.

School is important, of course, because, corny as it seems, if you actually pay attention once in a while in your classes, you can actually achieve something in your life.

And it is unimportant, because (mostly in high school, as in middle you're still considered a child), some people view it as their entire lives, when in reality, it is a very small portion of your life (only four years) and is meant to introduce and prepare you for the world. Although, in all fairness, it does define you, but only because of the notion that it will.

It will not be easy for me, because for years I have had very little human contact except for my family, and I can barely remember the requirements of socialization for people my age, but it will also be useful in some way, I suppose.

I don't really know why I typed all this out, but I will most definitely be talking more on the subject, so it serves to provide a little background.
July 19th, 2008 at 02:43am