William Beckett has a twin brother?

No, not really, but I saw this really, really really HOT guy that look exactly like William Beckett, with a bit of Shaant from CIWWAF mixed in....he was a brother of this counselor at the camp I went to and dayyyhm I couldn't stop looking at him. Haha, kind of weird of me.

So I was in a performance today of this original play kinda based on Cinderella with a bunch of characters from other musicals mixed in...to the music of Michael Jackson (fun fun)...I was the evil foster mother/evilest witch- Hellena (haha, I nearly choked when I found out the name) and it was totally fun to do. I got to scream and yell and act like a complete evil bitch....ON PURPOSE! woohoo.

I based some of my role on the Dandies from the ALL16CALMTM video....especially William Beckett's character and Brendon Urie/Spencer Smith's hypnotizing thing (God, I sound like such a fangirl) because I had to creep around the stage for this one scene and hypnotize people and turn them into zombies (THRILLER DANCE!)

Thank God, I didn't have to sing, and it was only dancing and acting-two things I can do.

Plus side-I LEARNED THE FREAKING THRILLER DANCE!

I flubbed up a couple of lines, but not noticably, and one major awkward moment could have been avoided, but noooo the narrator (who was like 12 so she was to young and naive to know better) didn't know to just carry on with the scene and NOT have us stand like idiots on stage while she waited for me to switch back two lines that i reversed, because honestly they were interchangable and nobody would have noticed the change either way, but the girl is an idiot and fuck us all up. (sorry for the run on sentence)

There was this one major technical difficulty when this one song we had to dance to (Smooth Criminal) started malfunctioning and the tech people had to fix it while the rest of the people and I stood awkwardly on stage until I had the bright idea to improv----and I rambled about eating and barbequing children in a lovely honeyed sauce and making them into hamburgers (without ham (I have no idea what I meant when I said that)) and delicious stews. (oh god, what is WITH these run ons?)

Anyway....it was pretty fun and I had a great time.
I would like to do this acting thing again, but I can't cuz I sold my soul to being the sound person for my school productions and stuff, so I can't. :-(
July 19th, 2008 at 06:41am