In Love With Your Best Friend?

"Im in love with my best friend."
That seems to be a common issue in this world.
But are you really in love with them?
Or are you in love with what you see when you're with them?
To be in love with someone, you should witness every aspect of them.
What you see when they come over and play video games with you is not necessarily how they act with their significant others.
You have no idea how they act when they're alone with someone they love. If they change their tone, if their eyes soften, if their jealousy rages, or if their fists fly.
Any person can hold a facade, any person can morph into someone else.
Say you become involved with this person and realize they are completely different in the dating aspect. What happens when they become incredibly clingy, controlling, or suffocating? What happens when they hit you for staying out too late. Are you sure you were really in love with them? It proves how much about them you didn't know; you still don't know. Love is a serious thing I believe couple should grow into.
There is a thick line between best friend and lover.

This is my opinion. No angry mobs outside my house, please.
July 20th, 2008 at 03:42am