First entry!! ~AFI week!~ :)

So, yeah, here I am posting my first entry to the journal, after opening an account 3 months ago.....I guess its time to post my memories, taking in count the events in the past week, so here I go....
It all started on monday after I got invited to MTV's ''Los 10+ pedidos'' which would be the latin american version of TRL filmed here in Mexico City's most important avenue ''Reforma''.
The week before I had sent an e-mail to the MTV directives asking for tickets to enter to the studio, but just in case AFI was invited (yes they came here last week , and just left today) AFI wasnt there so, I guess they didnt listen to me, but they send me an invitation, for me and all the people I would like to invite.
I took 7 persons, 5 girls and 2 boys.
We got out of school half an hour before it was over and arrived early to the MTV studios.
That day they were filming 3 shows continiously (yeah, its not live) and all we had to do is to scream and change places for each show. The production told me to bring an original cd to present it there, and I, of course, took AFI's ''Sing The Sorrow''.
The whole filming process was boring and tiring.....until it was my turn to present a song..yeah ''Love like Winter'' of AFI, they told me to present it and dedicate it, because I had the cd and even if I was nervious, the whole thing was fun!
All my friends were so glad I had invited them, and we spent a nice time toghether.
When I arrived home my aunt gave one of the most exiting news ever.....she had got an invitation to AFI's press conference...yeah she has good contacts, and managed us to gei into it on wensday morning.
So tuesday, was a boring day, nothing interesting, the only day that wasn't AFI related.
Last saturday, I was so nervious, exited andhappy fot he whole AFI and stuff week that I just stopped eating...not because I wanted to , but because I couldnt...just not.
And later, wensday was coming, as everyone can notice, the press conference was in the morning, so yeah I experienced the dream of every teenager, skip school to meet your favorite band!! :)
I woke up that day at 8 and had the perfect time because the whole thing started at 10 30 and was like 20 min from my house......I got out a t 9 30 and the whole city was stopped, yeah too mcuh traffic, you know, its Mexico, overpopulatin and...shit happens!!!!!! I managed to get there at 10 40 and I think I had an hole in my stimach of the pressure of knowing I wouldn arrive on time.......but I did, in the moment I arrived, the whole press was entering.
They took us all to a conference room with a huge table, lots of seats and TV's showing AFI's dvd ''I Heard A Voice''. My aunt got the best seats ever, in the front almost in the band's place, it was all perfect, I had my camera there and also a recorder.
In the first moment I noticed that the peiople from press had no idea of who AFI was or who was the singer of the band, which was kinda dissapointing, but anyways, they called the photographers to go outside and take pictures of the band, and I went there immediately...we waited for about 5 minutes cuz they told us the band was in the bathroom and later they entered...oh yeah!!
Jade Puget was the first one and taking in count I was almost in the door he looked at me with a face like ''you are not press right?'' but came in followed by the rest of the guys and posed for our pictures....I took 77 pictures that whole day.
The photo session lasted about 2 minutes and later we all went to the conference room again.
It was so surreal to be between you 4 heroes, as if nothing happened, I still cant belive it.
The interview was about 30 min and some questins were good and some where just stupid, but they answered always the right thing.
I wanted to ask them some things but was too freaked out to speak to them, so I told my aunt to ask 2 questions:
''You have influenced so many bands, How do you feel about it?''
And I could immediately see the guys like the question, and Davey gladly answered that they also had been influenced by other and to know that, new bands look up to them was just awesome.
My second question was specific to Davey:
"What inspires you to write your lyrics?"
And his answer was that every feeling inside of him, his life and experiences, that he had never written about political issues, that it was just about himself.
I was so glad he answered my questions, because most of the interview was answered by Jade and Adam (Hunter never said a word).
Dave looked unhappy and he was feeling aweful....he had a terrible flu :(
I filmed almost all of it, and recorded it entirely.
As we were press the record label gave us their cd Decemberunderground, one to each one of us, and at the last part of it people startes passing their cd's to the guys so they could sign it...I passed mine, but it was so fast that I only got 3 signatures , hunter's, jade's and adam's...no Davey.
After most of the people were gone they separated the band in 2, Davey and Hunter upstairs for the TV interviews and Jade and Adam downstairs for the radio interviews.
As mu aunt knew the girl of press from the record label, and asked her a huge favor..to take my cd upstairs so Davey could sign it...and she did!!! since we couldnt go upstairs anymore.
After she retured me my cd with all their signatures Adam and Jade went utside to the bathroom and that was the moment when I meet them!!
I took first a picture with Jade (Well, 3 but 2 went wrong) ,the 2 that went wrong were in the hall, and then he entered to a smal room for another interview, but I follower him and entered when he was playing a piano that was there, and he was serious, but agreed to have another picture and just siad 'no problem'.
Then I got out and saw Adam, who was so happy that I asked him a picture, I dont know why, but he looked so happy and he is so nice and sweet you just cant belive is the same guy that plays the drums with so muck passion, he is just adorable, and my picture with him is my favorite all the way.
And yes, they had to go to another interview, so we had to leave.
That same day was the signing at 6 pm in Tower Records. There were only 500 places for the siging, adn to get a bracelet you had to buy Deccemberunderground, which I had done on sunday.
I arrived there at 3 or 3:30 and took my Despair Faction shirt, so they could sign it, but also wanted my guitar to be signed, so my aunt bought another copy of Decemberunderground so she could enter with me.
We (my aunt, my mom and I) waited for about 2 hours when some started to enter, and even if I had seen them in the press conference that morning, talked to them, and had pictures, I was a lot more nervious, and yes, exited!!! On Saturday I had bought 5 black flowers that smelled really nice, for each one of the guys ( this includes the tour manager, Jade's brother Smith Puget) and prepared them the night before with pink ribbons.
The sun was terrible while we were in line andlater we has aweful wind and a little rain, but it was AFI, so nothing of that could matter.
Some guys in front of us had taken a black rabbit to Davey, and he said it was beautiful, but security said he couldnt have it and to take it away.
After I entered I was shaking, I suppose it was because everyone was screaming that I was more nervious, and when I was almost in front of the line, I saw Smith passing by and gave him his flower........He was so surprised I had gave him something, he was so surprised I knew who he was!!! I'm never gonna forget that face.lol.
When I passed Hunter was the first and he just told me thank you for the flower, later was Jade, and yes, he remembered me! I think he kinda hated me, but then I gave him the flower, and told him ''It smells!'' so he smelled it and for the first time that day he smilled, and thanked me.
Then it was Adam, I dont really remeber that moment, I just know I gave him the flower and started freaking out cuz I couldnt find Davey's flower, but it was there, in Jade's place.
And yeah the last one was Davey Havok, he signed my shirt and, then I asked him for a kiss, but he said he had a "terrible fever" and didnt wanted to pass it through me...but it was Davey!! so I told him that I didnt care...please!! but he refused with shame, and said my flower was beautiful.
And that was the end of that day, I had my cd, DF shirt and guitar signed....the best day ever...couldnt ask for more!!!
Next day was thursday, the day of their first concert, I had won 'Fila cero' tickets that are places inside the stage that you can only get if you are a real fan, but I have no idea why, AFI decided to cancell it, and everyone who had those tickets (me!:( ) entered in general admission.
I arrived at 4 00 but as I said I hadnt eat damn thing that week and felt terrible, and my mom took me to the hospital so I could have some vitamins or something, and evrything was fine with me, the only problem was that when I arrived and 6 00, the Despair Faction had entered with Smith to backstage, and I had lost the opporunity....yeah suck a shame.
But finally I entered to the concert...in general admission...
The band that oppened was Hong Kong Blood Orchestra which everyone hated, and offended till they went out. That day I went with some friends and in the moment AFI came out I started pushing the people around me to get to the front.....I love AFI, waitless, faithless, endless, but that concert was terrible, not beacuse of the band, but because the people , it was way too violent, and sold out!!! I thought I was fainting in the middle of it, but resisted the whole concert till the end.
I've never been punched that much in my whole life, and spent all the hour fighting against the people, so couldnt enjoy it really....actually a guy behind me wanted to hug me...and that was gross, I pushed him away as if it was a mistake and got more inside the slam...at the and I was like in the third row, but so tired I didnt enjoyed the music.
At the end of it, I got out to get some merchandise like shirts, stikers, and necklaces, and I was all wet, everyone was. When I got home I took a shower and went to sleep.
Next day I had to go to school but felt awful, my whole body was hurting like shit and my head was nearly going to explode!
I arrived at school without even my schoolbag, books or a notebook, I felt so bad I had forgotten. I just arrived with a bottle of water and a pink pen.
I left school 2 hours and a half, before I was supposed to, cuz I called my mom, and she understood me completely.
After that we went for something to eat and got home at 1, I was so tired I just fell asleep until 4 and left for the other AFI concert that night.
This time I arrived with the rest of the Despair Faction and we waited in line for 3 hours, it rained, and I felt like crap, but as I said..its AFI!!
There were like 50 persons in front of us, and when we finally entered, I was in the second row, Jade's side.
This time the concert was half full which helped me survive until 10 when AFI finally came out, this time there was anothe band opening, but the crowd also hated them.
This time.....there was 'Fila Cero' and I had lost the opportunity the day before :( that made us so unhappy, cuz we were 10 of the DF that night and 6 of us had won fila cero the day before. We all tried to call Smith, but he said, he just couldnt go with us.
This show was absolutely awesome!!....And I feel so luckY!
They started with Miseria Cantare!!! and then came Kill Caustic and Girls not grey, but at the middle of the song the whole sound production died, all we could hear was the crowd voives and Adam's drum set, Davey startser speaking, but we couldnt hear a damn thing.
All of them went to drink water, and Davey a hot tea (poor thing, hope he's better now). And as everyone yelled ''AFI, AFI'' ''through our bleeding we are one!'' and ''Davey, Davey'' he took out a flag of Mexico and put it in his back!!! Everyone went crazy!!! and later smith pasted it in the speakers.
We waited for about 30 minutes, and then, they came out again, with the sound, fixed, and louder than ever!!! This time they played, songs like wester and morningstar, and those things made us went nuts! the crows , as I said, was smaller, but It felt more like home.
As I was in the second row, there was a magical moment, and I am not making this out, is true! in the last song ''Miss Murder'' exactly in the line 'simply a look' he was in my side and looked directly and me...just that 3 words, and I'm never gonna forget it!!!
It was an awesome show, an awesome week , an dthe best band ever!!!!
<3<3<3 AFI <3<3<3
April 22nd, 2007 at 06:08am