Marie, Come Out Tonight

Today was uneventful. Just a typical day at work. Mickey messing around with me. Damn. Everyone was messing around with me. There, they call me Shrek. Do I know why that started? Not really. Rebecca and Kamarra started it. It was quite a random thing. Anyway, my day consisted of "Shrek, go on break!" and "Shrek, go do this!" I can't say that I mind. I really could care less what people called me.

A new girl came in today. Her name was Marie. I almost forgot to mention her, but now that I remember, her name kinda makes this entry's title appropriate. How cute. Anyway, she's 18 and I guess the most remarkable thing I learned about her was that she has a 34 year old boyfriend. Pretty interesting. Anyway, she was really tired today and she wasn't used to going as fast as Hardee's breakfast, wot with working at McDonald's and Arby's. She took the orders well enough, save the time she once welcomed a customer to Arby's. However, she had a hard time backing me. I had to leave my post at the drive thru cash register many times to get my customers' food. Marcia helped out a lot with the packing of the food, but Marie basically just took orders and made drinks. Granted, she did pack a few orders. She didn't do horrible for her first day, and I'm sure she'll soon adapt to the speed. However, I don't have much more time left on breakfast shift. When I go back to second, I'm telling you, my hours are going to HELL!

I think I prefer working the cash register when I'm doing drive thru in the mornings. I would rather greet my customers in person, not over a headset. It was slightly more personal. I could smile at them and say "Good morning!" and ensure them the customer service they deserve. When I'm just taking orders on the headset, I'm more apathetic to the customer because..well, they're just another beep, you know? The headset beeps and no matter who it is I'm like "Aw, damn!" And I answer all nice and all, wot with the corporate script wot's all polite. Inside though, I'm stressing out. "Make the drinks! Pack the food! Give to person handing it out! OMG ANOTHER BEEP!" is wot's going through my head the whole time. And you can't stop. It's a pretty intense job, and don't get me wrong: I enjoy it. I enjoy the adrenaline rush. However, I prefer to be able to see my customers, not simply hear them.

This was from 8am-4pm.

My mom picked me up after 5pm. We went to some barbecue place to pick up dinner. When I got home, I started cleaning like crazy to prove that I'm worthy of having internet in my room. Then I hopped on my computer and installed Windows XP Service Pack 2 so I could put my mp3 software on it. That went surprisingly well for me.

Orange messaged me back on MySpace! w00t for indie punk bands!
w00t w00t
I ♥ Hellcat Records!

XO~Grace and Sin
July 22nd, 2008 at 04:01am