Major Friend Problem. What Should I Do?

So lately, one of my friends had been a real downer. Always wallowing in self pity, whining and complaining, trying to bear his soul and be "deep" on Myspace and what not. This had been going on for about half a year, so another friend of mine {let's call her "Lisa"} and I decided to find out what was wrong and ask him about it on MSN Messanger. When we asked if something was wrong, he flipped out. Said we gossiped about him constantly about him, couldn't mind our own business, etc.

Neither "Lisa" or I have talked to him in about a week. He won't respond to texts, messages, phone calls, nothing. To top it all off, for the past week he's been posting things on Myspace saying things such as "Thank God for real friends" and worse stuff, such as bulletins that vaugly describe what happened with all 3 of us on MSN. Of course he doesn't mention names, but he has told people specificly what we did and they relayed that to us. I HATE people who do this. If you have a problem with me, take it up with me.

I can't stand the silence between us. I can't stand not being able to hang out with him. I can't stand how he's waving his current "happy" mood in our faces. I can't stand how he makes our fights or whatever public. I can't stand the self pity. I can't stand how we offered to help him and talk with him and he just told us to fuck off. I can't stand how he's only thinking of how it affects him. I can't stand how I still love him through all of this. I can't stand not having a best friend.

I know I did some stuff wrong when i went about asking him if something's wrong, but what should I do. I really want to be his friend, but I cannot handle all of this self pity. I try and try and try to help him through all the bulimic crap, all the suicide scares, all the social and family shit, yet when my world falls apart, he can't even ask if I'm okay.

What's a girl to do?
July 22nd, 2008 at 09:38am