My New Obsession...

I cant speak to you. the words just dont exist when i am with you. our silences are never ending.
i know you but i want to know you. words are the only thing i know and the only thing i understand [so talk to me.] body language is foreign to me and i cant read what your face is writing. your eyes are drawing illegible messages to me. i just dont know what to make of it.

i think of you in ways that outlive words. words are my communication [gap] .but they die. they die and vanish and mean nothing at the end of the night, and then when you wake up in the morning.
[whoever said words cannot hurt you is a fool.]
words are weapons.
words are defense.
words are alive.
and words [just love me more] are love.

turn the sign around because i was away [from my mind] for a few, but i came back soon.

you are the wordsmith: you make them [up as you go.]. i am the buyer. but the words just love me more.
"sometimes when things are going well you just need to lower your standards". i know just what to say but not when to say it. i am trying to be too predictable. i want you to be able to read me; know where i stand. its not an easy feat with me but its not hard to be so obvious. so give it your best shot/guess.
we are a game of trial and error. i am the error.
usually people try to fix their mistakes but i just leave them where i left off.
easier to pick up where i began that way.

we are the conversation.
i, the words, the thoughts. you, everything else. but the punctuation is getting to me. and the grammar isnt convincing. since when are questionmarks used at the end of sentences that we both know used to be true?
you fade out. unreliable.cliffhanger.
you are the ellipses.
unsure of what you say.

i feel like 3am on a suburban street.
dark and vacant. quiet and cold. isolated and alone.
standing here, i dont know which way to go. but im just passing through and will be home soon. homesick for the usual. before i wanted to turn around and not look back, but all ive wanted to do lately is hit rewind. too bad i am not a VCR.
July 22nd, 2008 at 05:10pm