The Shortest Tour Ever Tour - All Time Low, Hit The Lights, There For Tomorrow, Valencia.

What do I need to say?
It's probably the best concert I've been to [minus Trackside]. From the car ride up to the car ride home, it was fun and amazing.

We got there around 6.30ish, after getting lost for a while and having my mom try to force me to talk to strangers [whoa, it should be the other way around]. We got our willcall tickets and jumped in line instead of going ALLLLLL the way back there where the line was ALMOST to where we parked. A lady gave me mom a dirty look for letting us cut and a girl behind us complained about us, but we just ignored her.
The doors were supposed to open at 7 but they actually let us in around 7.30, which sucks. But when we got in, my mom got us water bottles while Amanda and I got merch [black shirt reading: All Time F!&ing Low]. We immeadiatly spilt up and Ollie, Amanda and I went into the 'pit'. We only had to wait like, ten minutes for THERE FOR TOMORROW to start playing!

They were really really good and even Alex Gaskarth was watching their set. I was surprised that they started so fast because not everyone was inside by the time they started playing 'No Room To Breathe', which was their first song. That was also surprising because that's their new song [go check out the music video, it's awesome.] but I didn't really care. All I knew was that Maika was really close to me and Chris was off to my right. They played all my favourite songs by them and when they played their cover song, Ice Box, Alex came out and sang with them, which was sweet! They finished it off with my favourite song by them.
Songs [In order]:
No More Room To Breathe
Waiting
Addiction And Her Name
Ice Box
Taking Chances
Pages.

Fifteen or more minutes later, Valenica started their set. I don't really like them, so I only know one song that they played, but they did play like, six songs. They played a new song too and what they call 'their jumping song'.
Song:
3000 Miles.

I was kinda sad by then because the concert was half over, but then I got more excited when I realized HIT THE LIGHTS was up next! I love them so much, go buy Skip School Start Fights, or I will shank you. Their set was AMAZING and I don't care how much I was squshed between assholes and bony girls, it was worth it. I lost my breath a couple times during it, but I got some really good videos. The lead singer from Valenica came out during one song, but I didn't really care. MATT FLYZIK [manager for All Time Low] came out to sing the entire song Three Oh Nine with them and it was amazing. That video is on youtube right now. At one point, I was right behind this girl who was jumping up and down and trying to dance while her boobs popped out of her tiny 'dress' and there was this guy complaining about getting his hat stolen and while he had his arm around his girlfriend[?], he leered at me. Creeeepy. Amanda had to leave for a couple songs because she was going to pass out and I had no idea what was going on. But then she came back and it was all fine and dandy.
Songs [not in order]:
Stay Out
Drop The Girl
Back Backer
Tell Me Where You Are
Cry Your Eyes Out
Save Your Breath
Speakers Blown
Three Oh Nine
Bodybag

Amanda and I left at the end of Hit The Lights, leaving Ollie all alone by the front, for water because I had left really really sick for the entire concert [it finally went away when I fell asleep on the drive home]. I had to go find my mom and bang on the plastic in front of her to get some money but then I got two waters and an orange soda. I only had the orange soda while Amanda guzzeled on bottle and saved the other for when she went back in. We headed back into the crowd before All Time Low started playing and found Ollie, but I wasn't feeling good at all [I'm surprised that I didn't throw up], so I handed Amanda my camera and retreated. I got more money for water from my mom and drank most of the bottle before ALL TIME LOW started.

When they did, I went to the steps into the pit and watched their amazing set. A lot of people were going in and out the entire time, which was annoying, but I got over it until some asshole pushed me. Grr. They didn't play my favourite song, but they played all my other favourites, so I forgave them. Especially when Alex took off his shirt. It was so cute. He was all insecure and bashful and when the girls screamed, I coulda swore he blushed. But he jsut told us to stop it [I didn't] and started the next song, my second favourite song, Break Out! Break Out! Zack had some problems with his bass or amp, not really sure which, so they played a song or two without bass while Matt ran around Zack trying to fix it. There was some cute banter between Alex and Jack about boob shit and bras, but in my opinion, there wasn't nearly enough banter. So during Remembering Sunday, which Alex played on his electric because his acoustic wasn't working, all the guys in the other bands came out in booty shorts and with the foam finers taht said 'F!& ATL' on them. A couple of the guys [Maika inculded] stuck the fingers in their booty shorts, trying to be funny. A lot of the guys threw the fingers out into the crowd and two guys held up an American flag behind Alex while he was singing. It was cute. After that they had two songs left, but I didn't really watch Dear Maria because I left my spot on the steps to find somewhere to sit and Ollie found me. He had left because his vison went out, but he was in there for three, almost four complete sets, so you couldn't really blame him. Amanda found us as Dear Maria was wrapping up. We missed the encore, but it's okay because I heard that it was a Damnit cover.
Songs [In order]:
Holly (Would Your Turn Me On)
The Beach
Shameless
Poppin' Champagne
Coffee Shop Soundtrack
Let It Roll
Umbrella [Cover]
Break Out! Break Out!
Six Feet Under The Stars
Remembering Sunday
Jasey Rae
Dear Maria, Count Me In
Damnit?

As Amanda, Ollie, and I stayed together and we 'waited' to meet All Time Low when someone told Amanda that you couldn't meet All Time Low without buying their cd [that's the second time they've done that!] while I was going to tell my mom that we were getting things signed. But when I got back, Amanda told me the terrible news and we left. We hung out near Valencia's tour bus and sat down, talking about things and stuff that happened during the concert. I bought a CD from a band that was just there to promot their EP, which is actually really good, and then prayed to god that I could meet Maika and Chris from There For Tomorrow so I could give them their bracelets that I made for them.

As I was 'praying', Maika walked by in his vest and I jumped up. Amanda and Ollie followed me and we 'stalked' him for a few feet. When we got near him, some other girls stopped him, hoping for autographs and he said that he didn't have a Sharpie and I pulled out mine and felt like a hero. He signed Amanda's shoe and took pictures with us after I gave him his bracelet and he asked me to tie it on his arm [oh my god, my heart was beating really fast then]. Then we left, trying to contact my mom and we ended up waiting outside the door we exited for my mom. She came out soon and handed us some There For Tomorrow cards and Amanda and I headed back over to him and got them signed. We then left after telling him it was amazing show.

So while my mom was trying to pull out of her parrall parking, she hit the car behind us and these people who live across the street flipped out, but there wasn't any damage. So we left and after a few minutes, I grabbed my hoodie that I left in the car and made it into a pillow. I fell asleep after directing my mom onto the highway. I woke up when we dropped Ollie off and talked a little with Amanda and my mom about Alex. It was creepy. My mom was like 'I really liked All Time Low. The lead singer was very good.' and then I laughed and told her he was her future son-in-law and she turned to me and was like 'I can see why you like him -wink-' which creepied the hell outta me.

So we dropped Amanda off and then we went home, where I cleared off my bed and fell asleep to a playlist I had made of the songs that they played.
July 22nd, 2008 at 10:34pm