You Can Be My Valentine

Today was somewhat hellish. Not extremely hellish, but I had about an hour or so of being completely pissed and in a bad mood. I even slightly went off on Linda, a 60+ year old lady wot works back line. I was trying to figure out something, and I had to keep repeating myself. Now, I say I slightly went off on her because I only raised my voice and sounded a bit smart-ass, I guess. But anyway, there was indeed a reason for my bitter mood, and this is what happened:

I went on break and decided I wanted Hardee's for lunch. However, I couldn't ring up my food at the time because we were busy and I couldn't tie up Mickey's register. They told me to just get what I wanted and ring it up when we weren't busy.

Now when I got there, there was many people working front line. Rosa was taking drive thru orders, Kyleman was at the window taking money and handing out food, another new girl named Sara and Mickey were on the FL registers, and Marcia was backing them. All I could really do was help back everyone. Basically, I was packing orders for drive thru and taking orders when Rosa was busy preparing a previous order.

When I returned from break, they sent Rosa home and had me take her place. Consequently, I was very busy. Still, Mickey picked wot was a slow moment for FL yet a busy moment for DT to tell me to ring up my food. I managed to ring it up and get my money, but while I was taking out a 20 and 52 cents (which would give me $19 change), I got a beep. Since I was on Mickey's register, I went ahead and handed him the money to get my change so I could go answer the beep. *BIG MISTAKE*

Mickey and Marcia thought it would be a great moment to mess with me, and they started saying that they didn't give change back for 20s and acting like they wouldn't give my money back. At first, I laughed along with the joke, because I was certain that they were going to give it to me after a few minutes. I thought wrong. Slowly, I became pissed, but they still wouldn't let up. Soon, I was in a full-blown pissed-off mood, and it was hard to take DT orders 'cause I get emotional when I'm that pissed. This was involving the money wot I was going to use to send my brother his birthday stuff. Had it involved anything else, I mightn't have taken it so seriously, however, this was involving MY money wot I worked so hard for.

About an hour later, Mickey finally gave me my change. I swear to god, ao many people were chewing on tinfoil with me today. They were just asking for it.

When Mindy came in at 2, Rebecca let me clock out. Two hours early. I was glad, yet I won't be so glad when I get my paycheck. Anyway, nobody would be able to pick me up until 5:00, so I just sat in the lobby playing my game and listening to music. About 30 minutes before my step dad picked me up, it started storming seriously bad. The wind was blowing so violently that the stop lights and signs swayed dangerously and the tarp covering the roof of the liqour store (wot they were remodeling) flew off. Long bolts of lightning streaked from the sky to the horizon, and the lights of the store flickered on and off. We even lost power for and entire two or three minutes. Rebecca had to start everything back up: the computers, the fryers, and the charbroiler. Stefan locked the doors, for there was no way we could serve anybody for about 20 minutes. Well, they. I was off the clock. Anyway, it was pretty amusing. I enjoy storms when I'm at work. I don't know why.

So now I'm home and just chilling out. I need to exercise, but I think it might continue storming on and off. Anyway, I'll keep updating you guys as long as I know you're reading.

Tchüss!
~Emily
July 23rd, 2008 at 12:15am