We love your band! [well of course we do, we just got him to sign a shirt]

If you want to read about just me meeting Michael Guy Chislett, go to the last paragraph. But here's the whole day:

On the way to Warped, my friends Gabby and Logan (you-are-my-antidrugx and Mrs. Bill Kaulitz respectively on mibba) were stuck in insane traffic. Most of which was caused by the fifty million people going to Warped, some of which was caused by a Vitamin Water truck throwing out free Vitamin Water. We were kind of resentful until the truck pulled into the other lane and threw some at us. We got four bottles, which was WIN!

We got there and went straight to the inflatable set list, took a picture for future reference and went straight to The Academy Is...'s merch tent. We were really sad because The Academy Is... wasn't doing a signing that day. But nevertheless, we went off to buy merch and watch some bands. My friend saw Ryland behind a fence that separated a backstage-ish area from the crowd, and I saw the back of his head. She also thinks she saw Jack the Camera Guy from TAI TV. We saw Pierce the Veil, a band that I had never listened to, but after seeing live, I decided to check them out. In the middle of one of their songs, they started singing Bleeding Love by Leona Lewis. I liked their version better than Leona's. Halfway through another one of their songs, the crowd was getting pretty riled up and were throwing Gatorade bottles. One came really close to the bassist, but he hit it out of the way with his hand and I was thinking "Epic win!" After that song, they played a cover of Beat It, which was amazing.

After that, we were walking around and making plans for which bands to see. We wanted to see The Academy Is... and Cobra Starship, and since Relient K was right before them and on the stage that Cobra Starship would eventually be on, which was right next to the stage The Academy Is...was on, we decided to watch them. We got there a little early, so we watched Reel Big Fish for a couple minutes, then walked over to Main Stage Left (we were at Main Stage Right where The Academy Is... would play) and started to watch Relient K.

A couple seconds into their first song, the skies opened and started pouring. It started lightening, so an announcer came on and said "Since it's lightening, we're stopping for right now because someone might get killed and it'd probably be you." So my friends and I waited in the pouring rain/hail/thunder/lightening for a half hour, until it cleared up. Relient K came back on, but I missed their set because I was trying to find a port-a-potty. When I came back, they played their last two songs and then it was time for The Academy Is...!

Their set was awesome, and I got all of the songs on my digital camera. For the beginning of The Phrase That Pays, William came over to the far right, where my friends were standing. He was literally five feet away from us. He even pointed and smiled at us. Cue fangirl squeal. The only bad thing was that my friends weren't paying attention to what was going on behind them and got smooshed by a crowdsurfer.

Next we went to Cobra Starship's stage and we saw Ryland wearing a shirt that said Pleasure on it and that cracked me up. It was fun and one of my friends was invited onstage to rap the part in Bring It, but she forgot it in her excitement. She said no and another girl came onstage. I was really glad that girl got picked because she was tall, and dancing crazily, so I could barely see anything. Ryland said something about how he thought he was partying before but he was just rtying, because Pennsylvania puts the PA in party. Then Gabe sang a cover of Hollaback Girl and Ryland got a super soaker and sprayed the crowd. He got me and my friends twice.

Since it was like 5 PM and my friends and I were still wet, we decided not to wait for 8 to watch Mayday Parade and instead went home. Afterwards, we were extremely happy we made that decision.

Now for the part you've been waiting for!

As we left the venue, we saw Ryland get on a bike and ride around a bit. One of my friends yelled, "Hey Ryland, nice bike!" or somesuch like that. He yelled back "Thanks!" So she was happy she talked to Ryland. A couple seconds later, we saw Michael Guy Chislett behind a fence. My friends and I were like "OMGOMGOMG MICHAEL GUY CHISLETT" and they were weenies so I had to get his attention. I started yelling "Chizzy!" but he was talking to Ryland so he was a little busy. I waited until after he finished and I yelled "Michael Guy Chislett!" He came over and we asked him to sign our shirts. I quickly fished a sharpie from my bag, but since I attached my merch bag to my messenger bag, I had a choice: either take a while to get the merch bag off, or rip the handles of the merch bag off. I chose the quicker route, which was the second. I pulled out my white FBR shirt that only cost me 5 bucks and I probably wouldn't want to wear much anyways and he signed our shirts. After that, I said something embarrassing, which I will omit for my sake, and we turned to go. Unfortunately, my friends and I couldn't wait until we were out of his sight and we kinda went fangirl-ish right there. Hopefully Michael Guy Chislett didn't notice.

And then we went home. So, yeah, that was my amazing day at Warped.
July 28th, 2008 at 08:12pm