Angst

The more and more I think about the writing sites I'm a part of, the more and more I realize they're all fairly STUPID.

I've been with quizilla for about three years. When it was just the nitty gritty. Simple white and blue with quizzes and stories. Then it introduce HTML and lyrics and polls and ways to upload your art and I was fine with that, it actually made it seem a bit more personal. Now it's run by MTV and is being overrun with nine year old girls that love the Jonas Brothers and type like they're on AIM.

Fanfiction.net is a site I check regularly. I posted one story and stopped because you have to use the notepad program on your computer then upload the saved file and fix it all in accordance with their system. It's stupid. But at least a majority of the stories on there are worth reading.

I've only been with mibba for a little while, but I like it to an extent. I get most of my music news on here. But I don't think it's fair that we can't do certain things like upload art if it has to do with our stories or anything. But this is one of the few places I can post my stories without having to worry for the most part about the language and content and how severe it is.

I know nobody is forcing me to stay with any of those sites. But they're the only places where I can get my stories out there. It's just that the changes are becoming more and more unnecessary and stupid that it's pissing me off and wreaking havoc with my computer. Urgh...
July 29th, 2008 at 09:14pm