How Green Day helped me

I was like 10, annoying, I wanted to be like every one else, I wanted to fit in, I was really unhappy, My parents hated each other and I kept it inside because I had no idea how to get it out. Then on my birthday My Dad bought me American Idiot and a Green Day shirt.
That was the first CD I owned that I took ever where with me, I listened to it every night, I knew all the lyrics by the middle of summer, [I got the CD on May 17th.] The only song that messed with me was Whatsername, Cause I fell asleep by that song.

Soon I knew how to get my anger out threw The song J.O.S, My parents got back together, Little by little I stopped caring about what people thought and I was so happy. By the time I started 6th Grade I was a huge fan, Every one became annoyed at my constant Green Day chatter, I learned as much as I could so I could tell more, I got known as Green Day Girl, I met a really good friend of mine because of them, People knew my name, I was no longer that sad little girl that people made fun of with no name, People still made fun of me But I Didn't care. I had Green Day. I had the best thing I ever had. They made me happy. By the end of sixth grade I had 5 Green Day CD's Bullet in a bible. 3 shirts and a life.

But the I got depressed, I didn't care about anything, I didn't have fun. I was a shell of my self. I wont bore you with this part, All I have to say is One day My friend Chris sent me a video because he was so tired of me being sad, It was a live Christie road. I smiled. I was better.

Now I'm just as big a fan, 3 years strong, I have all their CD's I know every thing about them. I respect them. I have 19 Green Day shirts, I have more posters than I can count. I will always love them. they are the Biggest part of my life.
Oh and The song when I come around Make me under stand my life, same with Macys Day parade,
July 31st, 2008 at 12:53am