Thoughts.

Well it looks like this will be my first journal entry. Yay, for me.

So I hope to start another one shot after I get done writing this journal. I'm still thinking about what to write it on. I have some ideas but I'm not sure which one I want to act on first.

I love writing one shots, they're fun! A one shot is way different from a story with chapters. A story will get subscriptions of course for updates. No one subscribes to a one shot because it would be a waste of time and there will be no updates. That's the risk I'm willing to take though. I just have to write my heart into the one shot and hope that the readers will like it and read all my other ones. I would think a reader doesn't need to commit to reading a one shot so they would get some attention but I was wrong.

I would write a full story with chapters and everything but I'm not really into that. Random thoughts would come to me during my story and then I'd want to start another story. One shots help me express myself more. Commitment is also another big issue, I wouldn't want my readers (if I had any) to get angry for not updating because I was busy.

The other thing I was thinking about is how stories with famous people get more attention. I'm not complaining because I'm guilty of reading those stories XD. I guess it's because the character is kind of already visual to you and he/she already won your heart but where's the fun in creating your own characters? I'm just thinking so don't mind me.

I think I will start reading and commenting on other one shots. That would be a good start wouldn't it?

I have five one shots up (starting from most recent):

1. That's Not Blood On My Hands
2. Shatter My Heart And Then Scatter The Pieces
3. Poor Choice Of Words My Friend
4. Abandoned Highways But Not Dreams
5. Dreams Make Living Life A Nightmare

Thanks for reading! =D
August 2nd, 2008 at 03:24am